“I’m getting stabbed. I’m dead” -Guy robbing store getting stabbed

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
Him being so calm leading up to the stabbing might actually work against him here with the "fearing for his life" angle. :rofl:
some people freeze emotionally (or physically) when they feel fear :dunno: :
I have a pretty good poker face, most people can't tell what I feel. I might seem calm, but freaking out inside.

Reactions: wildflower

Diesel66

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
Kc
OT vigilantes all up in this bitch.

No you do not deserve to die for trying to rob a store while not threating anybody's life.
It's Perfectly reasonable to be in fear of death or serious injury in that situation

TS
TS
daze

daze

Supreme Member
OT Supporter
Dec 19, 2003
Alief, Texas
OT vigilantes all up in this bitch.

No you do not deserve to die for trying to rob a store while not threating anybody's life.
Sure I can understand not killing someone for robbing your store but what if I come into your home? What’s the difference?

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
I agree with you 100% and yet I feel no sympathy for the guy who was stabbed. If I was the judge, I'd just hand the shop owner a conditional sentence. Fuck that dead guy, if you don't want to get stabbed, don't rob people.
Kinda how I feel as well. I think the clerk is totally guilty in the eyes of the law... and I personally don't think I would go this route in his shoes... but I also don't feel bad about a robber getting dealt with. Let us be honest here... nobody commits one robbery and then just stops. Once they start, they go until the get caught or killed, often times leaving an escalating trail of victims in their path.

oftenly

ae iirc
Sep 26, 2009
I don't get how he has to prove or justify anything. Dude was thrust into a phenomenally stressful, once-in-a-lifetime situation against his will. What is he supposed to do, wait until he lawfully ascertains an objective threat to his life before he acts?

Screw the videogame angle, the guy had no training or preparation for a situation like this. He was just acting without thinking in a circumstance he didn't ask for. You can't expect him to act within the bounds of some legal parameters he surely didn't know, and holding him responsible for something like that seems absurd to me.

IANAL of course. This is all IMO. And he did stab the everloving shit out of that guy. Posting on reddit was a clown move. Still. Had the guys not put him in that situation, he wouldn't have stabbed anybody.

• Haha
Reactions: wait*what

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
they dont tell you that the knife goes in way easier than it does in movies
depends where it's going, but yeah by and large that's the case. It's also way easier for it to get stuck and broken than people realize.

My dad once had a guy come into his ER because they guys GF had stabbed him in the face with a 7" chef's knife and it'd gotten stuck.

Guy had tried to pull it out and my dad was all "GOOD FUCKING THING IT WAS STUCK, IF YOU'D PULLED IT OUT YOU'D HAVE BLED OUT ON THE RIDE OVER HERE YOU DUMB FUCK". :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds