“I’m getting stabbed. I’m dead” -Guy robbing store getting stabbed

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
That’s the risk thieves take. Now, they’re too stupid to realize that, but I’m always on the victims side.
Me too. That victim should not have been murdered for jumping the counter to steal a bunch of bongs

• Haha
Reactions: mylegacy412

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
Geez, idk, bc my personal effects are not worth a human life.
Yes, they are. If I’ve worked, sacrificed, etc to provide a life for myself and my children… somebody doesn’t get to just come and take that. That’s the risk they should have weighed out before they crossed the threshold… “I am about to go take somebody else’s hard earned property and they might fight back. Is this worth it?” The said yes and lost.

I’m a 2A guy. Gun owner. CPL holder. And I hope to the highest level possible that I never have to use it. And I also won’t ever intentionally engage a thief if it puts me at risk… because by default it puts my kids at risk of losing their father and that is my most important role.

But people who decide to steal from others are scum of the earth… and they will continue to steal, harm, injure and eventually kill others until they are caught or killed. So fuck them.

Mperor

OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
Yes, they are. If I’ve worked, sacrificed, etc to provide a life for myself and my children… somebody doesn’t get to just come and take that. That’s the risk they should have weighed out before they crossed the threshold… “I am about to go take somebody else’s hard earned property and they might fight back. Is this worth it?” The said yes and lost.

I’m a 2A guy. Gun owner. CPL holder. And I hope to the highest level possible that I never have to use it. And I also won’t ever intentionally engage a thief if it puts me at risk… because by default it puts my kids at risk of losing their father and that is my most important role.

But people who decide to steal from others are scum of the earth… and they will continue to steal, harm, injure and eventually kill others until they are caught or killed. So fuck them.
This dude was never at risk my man.

Also, your kids are statistically more likely to kill themselves with your gun than you are kill a bad guy with it.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
holy fuck I hope that really isn't him, I hope that is a troll job, but apparently there's been proof posted.

giphy.gif

oh god, it's real he is so fucked

View attachment 246586
This dude would give @Ariez a run for his money on that autism quiz

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana

strap up homie, we're headed to wall street! let's go kill some real thieves

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
they made no moves towards him.

Look, I'm one of the biggest proponents of self-defense on this board, but unless he can make a case that he was in fear for his life he's fucked.

Neither of them were armed, they weren't attacking him with their fists, he went straight to stabbing himself. He didn't work up to that from punching, he went straight there.

He has to prove that the amount of force that he used was justified in the face of the actions being taken and from the footage we've got here he's pretty well fucked. One of them was running away and the other was 5 feet away from him when he stabbed first.
this is why I paid attention to what you say here because I know you have always been a voice for self-defense.

so I will take your word on this.

Also I don't know much about american law in this situation

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2

Also, your kids are statistically more likely to kill themselves with your gun than you are kill a bad guy with it.
I get what you are saying. I really do. I think in the eyes of the law shop owner is in trouble (ama on Reddit ain’t going to help)…. Me, personally, I would have retreated and let them take whatever. But I also don’t know the full dynamic of the scene, dudes past experiences, etc… and I also think there’s something allowable in protecting what you’ve worked and sacrificed for. I don’t know ANY small business owners who haven’t worked their goddamn asses off only to fail, try again, fail and maybe succeed. So fuck somebody who thinks they can just come in and take it.

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
Also anyone remember the kid in cowboy boots who beat up the Ohio state football player?

He did an AMA and deleted that quickly

GBlansten

OT's Kidney Doc
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Thick Ascending Limb

I've never had someone in adult life come at me before. The guy jumping the counter put the owner in a bad situation at the very least. And there were two intruders so that raises the tension and sense of peril of self-preservation. Regardless I would not have wanted to be in that situation.

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
I don't get how he has to prove or justify anything. Dude was thrust into a phenomenally stressful, once-in-a-lifetime situation against his will. What is he supposed to do, wait until he lawfully ascertains an objective threat to his life before he acts?

Screw the videogame angle, the guy had no training or preparation for a situation like this. He was just acting without thinking in a circumstance he didn't ask for. You can't expect him to act within the bounds of some legal parameters he surely didn't know, and holding him responsible for something like that seems absurd to me.

IANAL of course. This is all IMO. And he did stab the everloving shit out of that guy. Posting on reddit was a clown move. Still. Had the guys not put him in that situation, he wouldn't have stabbed anybody.
anal? @Mikel

• Love
Reactions: Mikel

Mperor

OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
I get what you are saying. I really do. I think in the eyes of the law shop owner is in trouble (ama on Reddit ain’t going to help)…. Me, personally, I would have retreated and let them take whatever. But I also don’t know the full dynamic of the scene, dudes past experiences, etc… and I also think there’s something allowable in protecting what you’ve worked and sacrificed for. I don’t know ANY small business owners who haven’t worked their goddamn asses off only to fail, try again, fail and maybe succeed. So fuck somebody who thinks they can just come in and take it.
Thats fair. But if you are going to murder somebody who just intends to steal your hard earned property and nothing else, prepare to go to jail.

• Clown
Reactions: CraneCamsOU

Mperor

OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
I've never had someone in adult life come at me before. The guy jumping the counter put the owner in a bad situation at the very least. And there were two intruders so that raises the tension and sense of peril of self-preservation. Regardless I would not have wanted to be in that situation.
My business? Agree.

My home? That’s a different situation entirely
The law (in most places) doesnt differentiate

Reactions: GBlansten

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
I can't get over how this just reeks of an overly dramatized play.

The awkward ass standing around like the two robbers forgot their lines.
"Can you guys just leave?" Sounding more like a clue than an actual request
The "Naaaaaaaah" for a response
Then the overly dramatized "I'M DEAD. I'm..dead....." complete with dragging the body halfway out the shop.

Just...what the fuck?? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971