◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅◅ OFFICIAL OT NINTENDO NETWORK ID AND GENERAL WII U THREAD ▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻▻

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Snoopy007, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

The WiiU Library finally convinced me to buy one.

So last week I got a WiiU and PowerUp Rewards. Gamestop gave my my Buy2Get1 coupon for used games, and now I have...

Super Mario 3D World
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    New Super Luigi U.
    Dr. Luigi
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Nintendoland
    Mario Kart 8
    Hyrule Warriors
    NES Remix

Dynasty Warriors is fun as hell. I also have a preorder in for Yoshi's Wooly World... it's going to be sweet. Going to pick up Captain Toad and Bayonetta 2 when I get a good enough deal on them...

...and I'm really looking forward to Zelda, Devil's Third, Kirby, StarFox :)bowdown:), Mario Maker, and a few others.

WiiU came out with a weak library and horrible advertising, so Nintendo kind of deserved its initial fail, but man is it coming on strong. I will even go as far as to say, I think this generation, The PS4 is the "best" console, but the WiiU is shaping up as the "most fun" one... which means that XBOne is out.

The WiiU seems to be having perhaps the opposite problem from the Wii. The Wii was this nifty thing that everyone bought... and waited... and it turned out, there were very few redeeming games for it if you weren't a grandpa or a yoga soccer mom. I mean a couple decent Marios and Zeldas but...?

The WiiU, "everyone" didn't buy it - at least not yet - and it came out to horrible marketing, but their library and upcoming titles are really beginning to shine. Keep it up Nintendo, I guess. Just make sure your next system isn't some asinine underpowered thing... because while I agree that it's not all about the graphics, you need third party titles... especially if they're supplementing your first party line. If the WiiU actually could have "everything but Fable" it would be a no-brainer.

2. Raju

Raju OT Supporter

My girlfriend bought me one for my birthday, how are the Wind Waker remake and Monster Hunter?

3. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

Wind Waker Remake is a boss... gorgeous and they cut 75% off of those annoying travel times. The game is significantly better.

I picked up Monster Hunter 3 a few weeks ago and it's a pure joy to play... once you put in the effort to learn to play and what's going on, etc. Worth the investment; you will die a lot though the first time you start encountering stiff challenges!

4. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

WiiU not only didn't recover (damn), but Nintendo admitted they were working on the next system. I mean so are Microsoft and Sony, but Nintendo went public with it - not a good sign for the WiiU and its crappy sales.

Which is a shame, the system's fun as hell and I'm looking forward to several of the upcoming games. Hopefully the Nintendo NX or whatever the official name turns out to be, hits the mark with plenty of lessons learned.

Going to go ahead and recommend Rayman Legends though. Freaking great with that gamepad.