04 GSXR or R1?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jujharoo, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Hey whats up guys,
    What do you guys perfer 04 Gixr1000 or R1 and why?
    Im asking this beacuse I am about to buy a new bike this weekend and trying to get some facts that I might not know.
    Thanks

2. mitsuguy16

mitsuguy16 New Member

i dont think track records can prove everything.... i mean maybe suzuki put a lot more of their time and effort on the AMA suzuki compared to other teams, thats y they won. if its only on track record then ducati would be great since they almost always win all their wsbk races. :rolleyes:

3. cactusman

cactusman ever prickly, always stickly.

Or, maybe you should go for a Honda CBR1000RR. The April issue of Motor Cyclist has a great article on it, and according to them it is the GSX-R, but better.

4. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

But dont you think its because of Matt Mladin that they been stomping ass? Dont get me wrong I am a BIG fan of Suzuki and never owened anything but zuki and currently own a BUSA. but the new R1 looks are winning over me;however, looks arent everything to me. So I am looking for some other things that I migth not know because I dont really read any magazines.

5. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

Between those two the R1. Isn't the GSXR1000 due for a complete overhaul for 2k5?

6. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

BINGO, I was afraid of that. migth as well wait few months and get the 05 design

7. mitsuguy16

mitsuguy16 New Member

maybe im just biased then cuz i got a R6 haha. :o anyways i just think any bike can come up top as long as u put money in it, and having the best track record just gives them more advertisements. And after rossi's performance in motogp just proves its all up to the rider :)

8. killteam54

killteam54 CBR600RR>*.sportbike

get the R1 over the GSX-R because next year its going undertail exhaust also and your new 04 would be a bit dated.

9. nosaj

nosaj OT Supporter

I would get a gsxr, I know a few guys with r1's who compplian about tank slaping. They are light weight guys, 150 pound neighbor hood. The light the rider the worse the problem.

10. Stylerod

Stylerod 150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:

Don't forget teh new ZX 10R. Lighter, smaller and faster than all the rest (for this year anyway).

11. Hobie1

Hobie1 No longer self-employed & now hating life

I wouldn't get either...I would go for the 1KRR or the ZX-10R...

12. Hobie1

drag racing, Suzuki dominates, but amateur road racing...I'll take a Honda in most classes (I wouldn't be racing a litre bike, but if so...I would choose the jiggy1K, waiting to see how the zx-10r and 1Krr stack up this year before I would make a final decision)

13. Hobie1

Honda out lapped the 04 Gixxer 1K and I believe out top ended and was quicker through the 1/4 in the latest comparison I just read.

Haven't seen the issue with all 4 bikes yet. What were the lap time results???
    God I hope this isn't your first bike, judging by your post, it sounds like it...:hs:

14. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to let yall know that I picked up an R1 yesterday and lemme tell ya FKN AMAZING BIKE. I love evrything about it; however there is one thing I noticed about that bike, the low end is WEAK, I dont know if its just me beacuse me last bike was a BUSA or its just yamaha enigne. So i gotta ask other R1 owners, do you think that low end is little too weak?

15. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

It comes down to personal preference, especially when you're comparing two bikes that are so similar. I personally like Suzuki because of their proven race heritage and bullitt proof drivetrain. However, the latest R1 has to be the best looking bike on the road, which can be enough reason for some people to buy one. If your decision is going to be base purely on performance the GSXR is the fastest all-round bike out there.

16. mitsuguy16

mitsuguy16 New Member

yamahas always got the underpowered bike