A&P 08-27-05 Sunset & Distant Chicago Skyline

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by p00f, Aug 29, 2005.

1. p00f

p00f New Member

I first posted this in Offtopic....yea.....Anyway, just looking for a little critiqueing (sp) I guess.

So the lady friend and I went up to Michigan City this weekend and went to the Indiana Dunes. We went up there just to have a picnic and catch the sunset, but ended up swimming in the cold ass lake :bowdown: With out towels and/or a dry set of clothes [​IMG]

Anyway, got some pics of the sunset, and as the sun was setting you could see the chicago skyline across the lake :bowdown::bowdown: It was my first time being up there, and although I had heard about this many a time I had never seen it. It was truly badass :bigok:

So here's the pics...there's about 21 or so I believe, if anyone happens to want a fullsize 2592x1944 just let me know and I can send it through G-mail :)

These pics were taken with my Canon Powershot G6. It was my first time with using the manual setting and all. So go easy on me :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a beautiful evening :bigthumb: And I thought it was the coolest thing ever seeing the skyline like that :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So what do you guys think? :)

**I know alot of them are similiar, but I just took the best looking ones out of the group and posted them all.**

Also, the skyline is kinda hard to see in these smaller pics, but then again when I open them in 'fax/picture viewer' you can see them pretty well :dunno: I tried uploading and posting one of the fullsize images but it came out the same size on here :confused: So if you guys want to see the bigger ones just let me know. Or tell me of somewhere to host them where they will stay fullsize.

2. michael

michael WELCOME TO THE GUNSHINE STATE

i dont see a skyline :dunno:

3. p00f

p00f New Member

save one of the pictures where the sun is closer to the left.....open it up, and scroll the horizon, it's there :)

Is there somewhere I can host a large version of one of the pics and it stay the big size when i post it here?? It was so badass to see in person:bowdown::bowdown: At first I didn't think my camera was going to be able to capture it, but then the lady did a little tweaking and we got it:bigthumb::bigthumb:

4. p00f

p00f New Member

Here is one Full Size.

You can see the Chicago Skyline to the right of the sun :bowdown::bowdown: I want to say the tall building there is the Sears Tower, but I honestly do not know :dunno:

[​IMG]