Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by omgwtfbbqryan, Jan 23, 2008.
buying them from iTunes or not upgrading to 1.1.3
what about garageband, how does that work?
Convert mp3s to .m4a then change extention to .m4r then sync them with iToner. Works fairly well here
Garageband creates them natively, there's even a menu for it in Garageband called "Export to Ringtone"
can i import something (mp3) into garageband then export to ringtone?
I didn't know garageband could import mp3's. At least in an older version I had tried, it didn't work. I've been using Amadeus Pro since, its free/shareware I think.
Or you could just use iTunes to make your ringtones.
1. Select song you want to use.
2. Right click, get info.
3. Go to options tab, choose where you want ringtone to start in song, make sure it's 30 seconds or less.
4. Close window, select song again, then under Advanced, convert song to AAC. (if it shows convert to mp3, change to use AAC encoder , in preferences under Importing.
5. Once it's converted, right click, and view in finder.
6. Rename file to .m4r . double click and it should auto load in iTunes as a ringtone.