CAR 1 of 12 1965 Olds Starfire 4 speed Vert build thread

Costanza

Oct 17, 2004
St. Chuckles
Do you have any documentation that this was an original 4 speed convertible? Build sheet, window sticker, etc.? I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if you've answered this already.

TS
TS
Justintiime

Justintiime

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Do you have any documentation that this was an original 4 speed convertible? Build sheet, window sticker, etc.? I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if you've answered this already.
No hard paper documentation. Speaking with the owners of the other 4 speed convertibles, they told me where to look for specific date codes for the drivetrain, casting numbers, etc and all pieces were built in the month before the production of the car. Thats really the only way to verify. Plus, there are signs for instance on the transmission, and especially the shifter linkages that were specific to the Starfire, which are NOT available second hand, and the likeliness of finding them in a wrecked car is *almost* impossible since there were only 122 made.

Carburetor is finished. Total cost $425

TS
TS
Justintiime

Justintiime

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Its been at the damn shop for like 5 months being repaired and updated to be driven. Should be done soon. The upholstery shop is waiting patiently. I do not think it will be ready for the Oldsmobile nationals in august :(

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Its been at the damn shop for like 5 months being repaired and updated to be driven. Should be done soon. The upholstery shop is waiting patiently. I do not think it will be ready for the Oldsmobile nationals in august :(
Start another project ! come on , you know you want to, all the cool kids are doing it . :mamoru:

TS
TS
Justintiime

Justintiime

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Roanoke, VA
So, last Friday, the car was moved to the Upholstery shop. I met this tow guy a month or so ago when he towed my Tesla. Not "name dropping" that I drive a Tesla, but I do know that Tesla has extremely strict standards to work for them as a contractor. This dude was super polite and meticulous. I kept his business card handy because I knew I would need to move my convertible eventually.

At Kings Auto Upholstery in Roanoke, VA. They do amazing work, both stock and fully custom. Here is some of their work:
1965 F100

67 Mustang full custom interior

Hot Rod

"One Bad Penny" shop truck they just finished last year. Super nice build with an LS swap

Here is the crew! The owner Mr. King is on the left, and his son is holding a Chrome Ticket from their 2018 Snap On Catalog, worth $1000 in free tools!

Go check out their facebook page for a ton of other awesome pictures
https://www.facebook.com/kingsautoupholstery/

So here it is. The more I look at it, the more my OCD sees that needs attention :(

Dash hanging off the firewall. The only thing that works is the ignition.

And here is another "holy grail" of parts for this car, fresh out of bead blasting and powdercoat.

"N93" option wheels. Nothing special, right? It looks like it is just an inverted steel wheel, but if you look close you will see extra bolt holes, used to hold on these wheel covers and spinners

You can find the wheel covers and spinners all over the place, but the wheels are just about impossible to find. Everyone used to throw them away in favor of Keystones or Cragars.

Tomorrow I will drop off some more interior parts, and more importantly, factory repair and wiring diagrams.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448