GUN 10/22 trade offer... question

Y2kAccord

Everything happens for reasons I just dont know
Jun 16, 2000
Texas Bound!
I am back wanting to get rid of it.. got this email today.. I know 0% about these.. what caliber and price availability of ammo?

I will would like to get cash if possible..

really want to trade for your 10/22. I cant buy it right now with Christmas and the economy but I have a deal you would come out ahead on. I have a No5 Mk1 Enfield jungle Carbine that is in excellent condition. It is all matching and has no import marking. I shot it the other weekend and it shot very well and was right on.

I am attaching a couple of pictures of it. Let me know what you think. I have been needing a 10/22 for me and my daughters and this is exactly what I would like to get.

The Enfield is worth $500-550

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0695.jpg

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Unless its been converted to .308 it will shoot .303 British. From a look around I found some surplus, $160 for 768 rounds @ ammo to go.

I dont know anything else about them.

TwoGuns

Medical Crew
May 3, 2001
Pasadena, CA/Northern AZ
Enfields are $500 now? wtfmate

In the long run the Enfield will be worth more, they're fun guns. Ammo is sometimes hard to find and getting stuff non-corrosive can be an issue.

Can't say for the Carbines but my No. 4 and No. 3's shoot pretty damn good.

TwoGuns

Medical Crew
May 3, 2001
Pasadena, CA/Northern AZ
Oh, and the combined total for 3 Enfields I've bought over the years is like $250 or something.

Last I heard Big 5 was selling No. 4's for around $180, but the carbines are a little more rare.

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
Y2Accord what happened to your 10/22. The one you sent the GM barrel back to the factory a bazillion times because it had too tight a chamber.

What was it garbage?

TS
TS
Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord

Jun 16, 2000
Texas Bound!
Y2Accord what happened to your 10/22. The one you sent the GM barrel back to the factory a bazillion times because it had too tight a chamber.

What was it garbage?

I got it back and got it back together.. tried some CCI minimags and it started working now, but i just want something else now :big grin:

TS
TS
Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord

Jun 16, 2000
Texas Bound!
i've got a 10/22 barrel and stock if you want it :dunno:

just put a new barrel and nice stock on the receiver :rofl:

is this a factory barrel and stock? I thought about converting it back and selling my hogue and GM.. if its factory I am interested.. and preferable stainless.. let me know either here or PM.. I am not really wanting to trade for an enfield

TS
TS
Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord

Jun 16, 2000
Texas Bound!
What do you want for the 10/22?

With Everything

Ruger 10/22 receiver built off All weather stainless model
Hogue overmolded black stock
Green Mountain 20" Stainless fluted barrel
shooters ridge bipod
stainless rail and silver rings
Bushnell Silver 3-9x scope
TI-25 25 round high cap magazine
factory 10rd rotary magazine...

If you dont wnat something I can take it off.. but for the above I was hoping to get ~$400 for it...

1022-1.jpg

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
is this a factory barrel and stock? I thought about converting it back and selling my hogue and GM.. if its factory I am interested.. and preferable stainless.. let me know either here or PM.. I am not really wanting to trade for an enfield

sent you a pm, but no it's not stainless. probably wont help you :mamoru:

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
Going rate on 10/22 stainless barrel seems to be $75. I can do $70 shipped for barrel and stock. I'm thinking the shipping might be $15 alone just because of the size of the box.

The barrel is a decent shooter. I think it's 18" tapered sporter barrel. The stock is like brand new.

I shot one match of maybe 150 round through the barrel then took it off when my new barrel arrived (16" GM Sporter).

If you want I go at the stock barrel with my sporter reamer. The factor chamber maybe a sporter chamber already I'm not sure.

TS
TS
Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord

Jun 16, 2000
Texas Bound!
I have a guy who is local who said he would give me close to asking price for it.. I am hoping he comes through.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan