GUN 12yo girl arrested for assaulting ....

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.
plain clothes officers who attempted to "take her into custody" in her front yard when she was thought to be a prostitute due to her "tight fitting shorts" even though the house was on the wrong block and she didn't fit the racial description.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2008/12/galveston_false_arrest.php

Police Get The Wrong House In Galveston, Allegedly Assault 12-Year-Old Girl
Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 12:37:01 PM
It was a little before 8 at night when the breaker went out at Emily Milburn's home in Galveston. She was busy preparing her children for school the next day, so she asked her 12-year-old daughter, Dymond, to pop outside and turn the switch back on.

As Dymond headed toward the breaker, a blue van drove up and three men jumped out rushing toward her. One of them grabbed her saying, "You're a prostitute. You're coming with me."

Dymond grabbed onto a tree and started screaming, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy." One of the men covered her mouth. Two of the men beat her about the face and throat.

As it turned out, the three men were plain-clothed Galveston police officers who had been called to the area regarding three white prostitutes soliciting a white man and a black drug dealer.

All this is according to a lawsuit filed in Galveston federal court by Milburn against the officers. The lawsuit alleges that the officers thought Dymond, an African-American, was a hooker due to the "tight shorts" she was wearing, despite not fitting the racial description of any of the female suspects. The police went to the wrong house, two blocks away from the area of the reported illegal activity, Milburn's attorney, Anthony Griffin, tells Hair Balls.

After the incident, Dymond was hospitalized and suffered black eyes as well as throat and ear drum injuries.

Three weeks later, according to the lawsuit, police went to Dymond's school, where she was an honor student, and arrested her for assaulting a public servant. Griffin says the allegations stem from when Dymond fought back against the three men who were trying to take her from her home. The case went to trial, but the judge declared it a mistrial on the first day, says Griffin. The new trial is set for February.

"I think we'll be okay," says Griffin. "I don't think a jury will find a 12-year-old girl guilty who's just sitting outside her house. Any 12-year-old attacked by three men and told that she's a prostitute is going to scream and yell for Daddy and hit back and do whatever she can. She's scared to death."

Since the incident more than two years ago, Dymond regularly suffers nightmares in which police officers are raping and beating her and cutting off her fingers, according to the lawsuit.
Griffin says he expects to enter mediation with the officers in early 2009 to resolve the lawsuit.

We've got calls in to the officers' lawyer; we'll let you know if we hear something.

Update: This is from the officers' lawyer, William Helfand:

Both the daughter and the father were arrested for assaulting a peace officer. "The father basically attacked police officers as they were trying to take the daughter into custody after she ran off."

Also, "The city has investigated the matter and found that the conduct of the police officers was appropriate under the circumstances," Helfand says. "It's unfortunate that sometimes police officers have to use force against people who are using force against them. And the evidence will show that both these folks violated the law and forcefully resisted arrest."
Let's just say I'm not sure if it'd be wise of me to post what I'd do if 3 guys jumped out of a van and attempted to abduct my child.

Market Garden

What a bunch of shit. I like how the city launches an investigation and finds its own police are in the clear. Big surprise.

Unless there's something big that was left out of the article, the police really screwed this one up.

CodeX

Plain clothed police officers jumped a 12 year old girl and they EXPECTED her to come quitely?

Are they complete fucking morons?

I do hope the girl and her family win the lawsuit and get whatever ridiculous amount they are asking for in punitive damages, and I would hope the police officers lose their job over this... Since when can a plain clothed officer even make an arrest? Citizens CANNOT be expected to cooperate when random people attack them, if the cops are not in uniform they should not be afforded any more priveledge than a normal citizen, including the ability to make an arrest.

Fire Sauce

Dec 21, 2003
Hilton Head Island, SC
cop.jpg

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
plain clothes officers who attempted to "take her into custody" in her front yard when she was thought to be a prostitute due to her "tight fitting shorts" even though the house was on the wrong block and she didn't fit the racial description.

Let's just say I'm not sure if it'd be wise of me to post what I'd do if 3 guys jumped out of a van and attempted to abduct my child.

I'll say it for you...There would be 3 dead kidnappers laying in the yard.

Sorry, but jumping out of a van and grabbing someone is not how you arrest people. They were trying to kidnap a girl.

Market Garden

I wonder what would have happened if daddy burst through the front door and started shooting at his daughters abductors?
The city would have investigated, determined its officers were 100% in the right, and then there would be murder charges filed against the dad.

subaru kun

Oct 11, 2002
Alpha and Omega
yeah, 12 year old girl resisted three guys by calling "daddy, daddy, daddy" what croc of shit.

you will need to have a little handy digital camcoder with you where ever you go these days. I've never had a trouble with the law but you never know the day that I fit the description of " Asian male in a Black sedan going west bound":o

jehan60188

May 25, 2006
>_< this makes me so mad. police have no obligation to protect people, and there are no repercussions for them when they screw up. why do we even keep them around?

no7fish

Jan 3, 2006
I would say it all comes down to whether they identified themselves properly or not. Since there was no indication in the article of whether they did or not, we can only assume they did not, otherwise they probably would have said it, but then that's the downfall of assumption.

In any case, how on earth can you possibly accuse a 12 yr old of "assaulting" 3 grown men, and men trained in physical restraint at that! That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

I would say that even if they did shout loud and clear "Police! Police! You are under ARREST!" it probably wouldn't sink in during the heat of things for a kid but the dad would probably have heard it. If they just acted like cocky cops like it sounds they probably just said "get in" and grabbed her which would place them entirely in the wrong, they should be stripped of their badges and thrown in jail for kidnapping.

Regardless of the situation, they should all be having a lot of trouble sleeping at night for what they've done to that girl. They're supposed to be there protecting kids like that, not causing traumatic memories!

Sorry to rant, but damn that's infuriating

konrad109

Jan 6, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would say it all comes down to whether they identified themselves properly or not. Since there was no indication in the article of whether they did or not, we can only assume they did not, otherwise they probably would have said it, but then that's the downfall of assumption.

In any case, how on earth can you possibly accuse a 12 yr old of "assaulting" 3 grown men, and men trained in physical restraint at that! That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

I would say that even if they did shout loud and clear "Police! Police! You are under ARREST!" it probably wouldn't sink in during the heat of things for a kid but the dad would probably have heard it. If they just acted like cocky cops like it sounds they probably just said "get in" and grabbed her which would place them entirely in the wrong, they should be stripped of their badges and thrown in jail for kidnapping.

Regardless of the situation, they should all be having a lot of trouble sleeping at night for what they've done to that girl. They're supposed to be there protecting kids like that, not causing traumatic memories!

Sorry to rant, but damn that's infuriating

IMO it doesnt matter if they identify themselves or not. Anyone can get a crew cut and say they are a cop. IMO plain clothes officers should never be allowed to make an arrest without a uniformed officer present.

Deleted member 50048

i would have shot those fuck asses in the god damn head.

seriously, that shit gets me pissed off.

HisXLNC

๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑
Oct 26, 2000
Island of Electronicus
yeah, 12 year old girl resisted three guys by calling "daddy, daddy, daddy" what croc of shit.

you will need to have a little handy digital camcoder with you where ever you go these days. I've never had a trouble with the law but you never know the day that I fit the description of " Asian male in a Black sedan going west bound":o

They were probably thinking, "Daddy is code for pimp! Hurry up and get her in the van before her pimp shows up!"

Carl Brutananadilewski

May 16, 2002
WHOREicon
got a .4sec lol

it would be funnier if it weren't so true :hs:

As if the public needed yet another reason to hate cops. These assholes make it a million times harder for the good ones.

If the shit ever does hit the fan, coppers like these are going to be the first ones targeted. Not necessarily a problem with me, but I plan to be long gone by that point and will toss my badge into a river so I'm not a target too :o

T0nyGTSt

Dec 29, 2004
unless there's something that's not be made public the police can either lose or lose big...

so they would be expected to be assholes and deny everything

it's not unprecedented to go down in a flaming wreck of a lawsuit and pay millions yet still maintain no admission of guilt and come to an 'amicable conclusion'

Jurisbot Esq.

Don't blame me I voted for Ron Paul.
OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2004
Houston, TX
I wonder what would have happened if daddy burst through the front door and started shooting at his daughters abductors?

Cops would have shot and killed the dad, finished arresting the daughter, arrested the wife for interfering with a police investigation lock them in jail and process over the weekend. Dismiss the whole thing because it was the dad's fault for blasting at police officers even though it looks like 3 pedos pulling a 12 y/o into a van.

Then to top it off the school district sends an officer to issue a citation for the child missing school while she was in jail.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan