ART 14-24 filters

s14brent

Apr 29, 2009
las vegas
since we're talking filters, (subjects beaten to death) whats the best way to get full coverage at 14mm on FX? going back to hawaii soon, would like to come back with some epic shit.

TS
TS
s14brent

s14brent

Apr 29, 2009
las vegas
honestly when i saw your replied, i was hoping you might have one hidden in the back of your shop or something....:rofl:

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
honestly when i saw your replied, i was hoping you might have one hidden in the back of your shop or something....:rofl:
We don't carry Lee stuff, only Cokin, but I'll see if I can find something tomorrow that would work.

PS, tell Al to call me back so I can ship his X100 out! Fucker's a hard guy to get a hold of! :rofl:

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Actually a quick google found this gem... a guy that DIY'd a filter older for the Cokin X-Pro filters, I'll see if I can get a call into Cokin tomorrow and ask if they've got any ideas or suggestions for you!

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
So I took a look today at what we've got in the back of the store, nothing that would be useful to you.

I looked at our distributor for Cokin and gave them a call--they're out of the X-Pro holders and aren't expecting them anytime soon (ie. 10+ weeks).

I'm going to play around tomorrow with the 14-24 we have in the store, I've actually got a pretty cool idea of how to mount a large resin filter to the hood of the 14-24 using some high power magnets... I'll keep you informed.

TS
TS
s14brent

s14brent

Apr 29, 2009
las vegas
I'm going to play around tomorrow with the 14-24 we have in the store, I've actually got a pretty cool idea of how to mount a large resin filter to the hood of the 14-24 using some high power magnets... I'll keep you informed.

fuckin magnets..... :rofl: thanks a lot for going out of your way!!

And yet another reason why I went with the 16-35. :o

i'm contemplating renting this lens for my vacation.....the 14-24 is so goddamn glorious, hopefully i can find a solution before then.

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
fuckin magnets..... :rofl: thanks a lot for going out of your way!!

i'm contemplating renting this lens for my vacation.....the 14-24 is so goddamn glorious, hopefully i can find a solution before then.

Trust me, the 16-35 is every bit as impressive. Not having that huge delicate front element sticking out isn't a bad thing either. :cool:

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Trust me, the 16-35 is every bit as impressive. Not having that huge delicate front element sticking out isn't a bad thing either. :cool:

How sharp is it compared to the 14-24mm? I had a 14-24mm for a bit and then sold it to my cousin, but at times wish I had it again.

And like you said, having a protectable and not nearly as beastly front element is a huge plus.

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
How sharp is it compared to the 14-24mm? I had a 14-24mm for a bit and then sold it to my cousin, but at times wish I had it again.

And like you said, having a protectable and not nearly as beastly front element is a huge plus.

It's stupid sharp. Search for my review thread.

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
It's stupid sharp. Search for my review thread.

No sub...no search para mi. Mind finding it for me...right now my WA is a 18-35mm, which I love, especially for a sub $300 lens. Shot with it in Southern Utah and everything was sharp (albeit not as sharp as the lenses we're discussing) but for a 1/3 or 1/5 of the price it's not bad, plus it's portable.

TS
TS
s14brent

s14brent

Apr 29, 2009
las vegas
i'm gonna rent a 16-35 for the trip in july. I've emailed bh,adorama, 2filter, allens camera, and tried the locals b&c/casey's, and they all told me the same thing basically. "goodluck". this was the response i got from 2filter which is where everyone that seems to have one got it from.

"[FONT=&quot]Hi Brenton,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There has only been 1 shipment of 15 of these kits to the US since they started production. We are taking orders for a waitlist, but to be perfectly realistic, I doubt that we will get enough in to fill our current waitlist before July. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Andrea"[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan