1990 The song that I now realize formed me and my taste.

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
There was a few good years in NYC around 91-94ish where there was a ton of good live band / hip hop collabos going on
I was at a record release party for the brand new heavies' Heavy Rhyme Experience LP where Guru and a bunch of MC's were on stage
Good times

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
I think the fact that I grew up in a house where music was relatively important to both of my parents, who had differing tastes and exposed me to almost every type of music had formed me to understand that there's a lot of good music out there. Sometimes people will get into my car, or hang out at the house and be :wtf: and or :eek3: and say something about how they didn't expect that type of music to be on :o

TS
TS
Thoreau

Thoreau

Normie's Bitch
OT Supporter
Jul 20, 2002
Philadelphia
I think the fact that I grew up in a house where music was relatively important to both of my parents, who had differing tastes and exposed me to almost every type of music had formed me to understand that there's a lot of good music out there. Sometimes people will get into my car, or hang out at the house and be :wtf: and or :eek3: and say something about how they didn't expect that type of music to be on :o

Same here, in fact I've become aware to the point I have a habit of turning off the radio in the car before turning it off like I have a Model T and have to shut off the battery. I never know how people are going to react and honestly I don't need explain my musical taste to Karen who had 3 too many glasses of wine

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
These are the first rap songs I really remember listening to. My neighbor got his uncle to buy the tapes because we were too young at the time (back when they checked IDs for purchases :mamoru:).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan