CAR 2009 Meguiar's Products........

justin30513

Jan 2, 2006
Visit Meg's home page.

You'll see that they opened a can of whoop ass at SEMA!
I'm glad to see some strong consumer line products.
The new #205 looks awesome and a new DA friendly #105 is coming.

HorseDick

Oct 1, 2005
FL
Supposedly it's more DA friendly...I'm guessing it doesn't require as much heat to break down?

Willey2cool

May 24, 2006
Edmonds, WA
i didnt really stop at the meguiars booth this year, it was too crowded but i did stop and look at the autogeek booth. i got a couple pictures of the guy who started meguiars though, Barry Meguiar i think?

HorseDick

Oct 1, 2005
FL
I hear rumblings that the DA friendly version of #105 does not have as much cut. Looks like I need to stock up on the original version...

Just curious, where did you hear this? I just read the post by Mike on MOL that it will have the same cut, just less dusting. :x:

TS
TS

justin30513

Jan 2, 2006
I've actually heard it was better.
There may be some beta versions out there.
All I've heard is that there is a whole lot less dust and less clogging on the pad.

HorseDick

Oct 1, 2005
FL
Yeah that was the one thing I hated about M105...it cakes up foam pads very quickly.

Scott - any idea exactly how much less cut it will have? I'm debating whether or not I should stock up on the old formula or not.

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
Not having used it myself, I can't really say. I have heard the work time is longer now, so it may be the cut is the same as provided you work it for a while. Instead of getting a lot of cut in 30 seconds, then having to apply more and polish it in a few times, maybe you can work it two minutes, get the same get as 4x @ 30 seconds with the original version. Make sense?

HorseDick

Oct 1, 2005
FL
Yeah, I'm going to hold a gallon or two here of the old formula just in case I don't like the new one...I have a feeling I'll like it, though.

TS
TS

justin30513

Jan 2, 2006
I have to say I AM glad to see Meg's is putting out some good products still even after the 3M buyout....

I knew when they came out with #105, they were going in the right direction. Change and a market niche.

I'm betting this new #205 will greater than or equal to UltraFina.

All you would need is........
#21 2.0 Sealant (or LSP of choice)

All would total 85.00 for 32oz of each (20oz. for #21).
That's one helluva deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan