ART 2011 Chicago Auto Show Pictures - Add Yours In Here....

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
I have no idea what I'm doing when shooting cars, so here are the only good ones that I think I had. Let me see yours so I can try out different stuff if I get a chance in the future.

Most of these are cropped tight because of people getting in the way. I found out that as the day got closer to night time, less people were there, unfortunately I was packed and ready to go home at that time.

2mo37k6.jpg

18omzp.jpg

2nstd9y.jpg

20hkmip.jpg

bobasaur

Feb 17, 2009
Taipei
Your just fitting the car in the frame, take a look at ty webb's photos. He uses everthing around to compliment the car, even people.

TS
TS

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
Your just fitting the car in the frame, take a look at ty webb's photos. He uses everthing around to compliment the car, even people.

I ended up learning quite a bit about car photography at a car show like this. I should have approached this as wedding photography.

Rather than take pictures like you'll see everywhere on the internet, the difference (and Ty shows it well) here is that each manufacturer was putting their special cars into an environment that showed off some special abilities or history of that car. I completely ended up missing that and noticed that last night when uploading the pics. I basically ended up taking pictures of pieces of metal with paint on them without any further attachment.

Also, I took my 7D w/ a 24-105. I should have taken my 5D2 instead or a wider lens (17-40) for the 7D. I found myself having to move back (sometimes running out of room) to get just the car in the frame.

Lesson learned...definitely looking forward to next year already.

TS
TS

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
I was patiently waiting for you to move out of one of my shots that day :rofl:. This is where the OTAP shirts, or something similar would come in handy!

Hopefully, you weren't the guy that I told to go fuck himself. If so, my bad :o

My buddy wanted me to take a pic of him in the R8 and some douche behind me with his girl said "He's gotta get in shape if wants to drive that thing." and said it again after I took the pic. I told him to go fuck himself and he got pissed and walked off w/ his euro trash girl.

AmosBanks

Aug 19, 2004
Chicago, IL
That guy may not have been a member of the media. I noticed a lot of credentials on Wednesday from the Economic Club of Chicago. They must've had a tie-in with admission along with a ticket to the lunch. Chevy also had some of the Camaro Car Club folks in for the new Camaro intro.

Corsair

Jan 15, 2011
No picture to add because I'm in Los Angeles, not Chicago, but my usual routine is to be there when the doors open and run to the exotics room before the crowds get there. What I'm struck about the pics I'm seeing here is that the place looks deserted - Los Angeles it gets to be a sea of people by noon, and pretty much stays that way until the doors close. I don't mind people in my shots, I just don't want them obscuring the car. I find most people (as long as they notice you) will be polite and try and stay clear of your shots.

psykosis

Had dinner w/ Inspector Seb, we're basically bff's
Oct 31, 2001
Listing between sin and salvation
No picture to add because I'm in Los Angeles, not Chicago, but my usual routine is to be there when the doors open and run to the exotics room before the crowds get there. What I'm struck about the pics I'm seeing here is that the place looks deserted - Los Angeles it gets to be a sea of people by noon, and pretty much stays that way until the doors close. I don't mind people in my shots, I just don't want them obscuring the car. I find most people (as long as they notice you) will be polite and try and stay clear of your shots.

These were taken during media days, before the public show where there are waaaaaaay less people around.

djlogik

Apr 22, 2004
Tinley Park, IL
Hopefully, you weren't the guy that I told to go fuck himself. If so, my bad :o

My buddy wanted me to take a pic of him in the R8 and some douche behind me with his girl said "He's gotta get in shape if wants to drive that thing." and said it again after I took the pic. I told him to go fuck himself and he got pissed and walked off w/ his euro trash girl.

Nope, wasn't me. :bigthumb:

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Agreed, we need OTAP shirts so you can go up to a guy standing in your shot and tell him to fuck off and no one will be offended. :wavey:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan