2020 has been a shitty, shitty year - but what has gone well?

1fastz28

Here for the lulz.
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2004
The Woodlands, Tx
I got a promotion in May, but my raise was postponed, but i found out that i'm getting it this week plus i'll be paid my raise retroactively. Also i got laid in July after a 2 year dry spell, so that was fun.

Adrian

MAKE AMERICA GROPE AGAIN
Oct 27, 2003
Austin, TX
TBH it's been a good year for the two of us. We bought our first house, got the fuck out of Autism TX and live in the country about 40 minutes away. Building a studio on the lot next door. .75 acre total,

Got a 4WD 2016 4Runner, and convinced my parents to finally sell their house in NC and they're moving here so we can be close, obviously that's the best of all. We'd only been able to get up there maybe once or twice a year before. They'll be here in 2 weeks and we get to help them find a new house.

Making near the same amount of $$ (yes it was sketchy as fuck for a couple months early on) and not doing any travel for work period, just phone/email.

My best friend also moved out of Austin and to San Marcos so we can still hang and do fun outdoors stuff. We're about 1 mile from the CO river and he's right on the San Marcos river.

Wife has been getting good unemployment checks (former teacher for AISD) for probably more than she was actually making teaching, which is kinda sad.

Reactions: automatic
TS
TS
automatic

automatic

You kiss your mother with that dart?
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2008
Best Coast West Coast
TBH it's been a good year for the two of us. We bought our first house, got the fuck out of Autism TX and live in the country about 40 minutes away. Building a studio on the lot next door. .75 acre total,

Got a 4WD 2016 4Runner, and convinced my parents to finally sell their house in NC and they're moving here so we can be close, obviously that's the best of all. We'd only been able to get up there maybe once or twice a year before. They'll be here in 2 weeks and we get to help them find a new house.

Making near the same amount of $$ (yes it was sketchy as fuck for a couple months early on) and not doing any travel for work period, just phone/email.

My best friend also moved out of Austin and to San Marcos so we can still hang and do fun outdoors stuff. We're about 1 mile from the CO river and he's right on the San Marcos river.

Wife has been getting good unemployment checks (former teacher for AISD) for probably more than she was actually making teaching, which is kinda sad.
Congrats on the house and car!

We got a new house too earlier this year - doubled the sq footage, which helped a lot when everything went on lock down in CA

Reactions: Korea and Adrian

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan