2020 rioting is the most costly manmade property damage in US history

Doctorb

Very stable genius
Aug 14, 2007
GettyImages-1239037994-640x480.jpg

The vandalism and looting following the death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police will cost the insurance industry more than any other violent demonstrations in recent history, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The protests that took place in 140 U.S. cities this spring were mostly peaceful, but the arson, vandalism and looting that did occur will result in at least $1 billion to $2 billion of paid insurance claims — eclipsing the record set in Los Angeles in 1992 after the acquittal of the police officers who brutalized Rodney King.

Glad they were mostly peaceful. Would bankrupt the country otherwise!

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Until the economy makes a massive turn to get these people destroying things some upwards mobility, it will continue to be the norm.

Its why I'm leaving the city to live in a rural area. I kind of feel like America is entering a dark chapter and a new president won't fix the problem.
:rofl:

Reactions: canning

Scaramanga

I don't know what my usertext says
Dec 10, 2001
USA
While I agree with both of you, breaking into small businesses and destroying them/looting isn't really an anecdote for police authoritarian abuse.
There is no reasonable excuse for the burning people out of their livelihoods and destroying peoples jobs.
They must do it because orange man is bad.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
GettyImages-1239037994-640x480.jpg

The vandalism and looting following the death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police will cost the insurance industry more than any other violent demonstrations in recent history, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The protests that took place in 140 U.S. cities this spring were mostly peaceful, but the arson, vandalism and looting that did occur will result in at least $1 billion to $2 billion of paid insurance claims — eclipsing the record set in Los Angeles in 1992 after the acquittal of the police officers who brutalized Rodney King.

Glad they were mostly peaceful. Would bankrupt the country otherwise!

Good

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯
This deciding it’s ok for people to commit crimes because cops doing shit just boggles my mind. Let’s take one criminal act and use it to validate another.
not to mention 30+ people have been killed in the riots :oopsie:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor