ART 2560x1600 doesn't suck!

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Ok, so the picture blows (taken from my garbage iPhone) and you can't really see anything, but it's my subtle picture bragging about my new 30" Apple Cinema HD I got for a steal. I had a basic 23" Samsung LCD and this thing makes that old monitor look like a handheld TV. Gawd, it's huge and the colors are awesome.

Still adjusting to it and have a headache from it, but damn, it's fantastic!

Anyway, had to brag and share. I kinda wanna do a dual monitor setup, but I think it might be overkill. :wiggle:

photo1ad.jpg

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Truth, I can't even work without dual monitors anymore. Far too efficient at getting shit done.

I'll be honest though, I have triple monitors and it looks infinitely more badass...but it isn't as significant of an increase in productivity or anything. Unless I'm seriously working, one monitor gets relegated to random windows, a video or MLB.TV.

TS
TS
Idyfohu

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Fuck, I'm jealous. But seriously, once you go dual monitors, it's really hard to go back.

What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking where it helps out? I'm considering keeping my 23" monitor as well, but I'm thinking it might be overkill. I can sell it for about $125-$150, so it's not a ton of money...convince me to keep it. :)

What are those going for these days. Wouldn't mind picking up another one

Going price on eBay with shipping is about $900. Refurbs (not in stock) are $1,299 from Apple.

My price you ask...$500. :)

TS
TS
Idyfohu

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
I literally had to raise my chair because compared to my old monitor, I found myself too low and looking up at the monitor.

Now I need a nice yet inexpensive office chair (any recommendations?).

HighTachPres

Jan 23, 2004
Greenville, SC
I literally had to raise my chair because compared to my old monitor, I found myself too low and looking up at the monitor.

Now I need a nice yet inexpensive office chair (any recommendations?).

yep
this bugged me with my 30" monitor. I did a lot of up-down movements with my eyes instead of side to side.... and to not sound like a pussy, that's just unnatural when viewing monitors imo.

So i fixed that by going wider :wiggle:
dualmonitors.jpg

congrats!!!

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
I'll be honest though, I have triple monitors and it looks infinitely more badass...but it isn't as significant of an increase in productivity or anything. Unless I'm seriously working, one monitor gets relegated to random windows, a video or MLB.TV.

Increases my productivity significantly

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor