27 veterans dead at VA facility from COVID

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey

LASALLE, Ill. (AP) — State officials are investigating a coronavirus outbreak at a veterans nursing home in rural Illinois that has infected nearly 200 residents and staff, and killed 27 veterans.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s office and the state’s Department of Veterans Affairs are attempting to determine what caused the outbreak at the state-run LaSalle Veterans Home in LaSalle, about 90 miles (145 kilometers) southwest of Chicago.

The department on Tuesday requested an independent probe into the facility, which was the focus of a state Senate committee virtual hearing on the outbreak.

“The tragedy of what has unfolded at the veterans’ home cannot be understated,” said state Sen. Sue Rezin, who represents the district where the home is located. “I’m glad that the director has called for an independent investigation and agree that there are lesson to be learned from this terrible outbreak that has claimed the lives of 27 of our nation’s heroes.”

bubbaZR2

i poop too much, then i get tired...
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
New Mexico
President Trump thinks they are losers and suckers. He prefers soldiers that don't die.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
But you voted for him in 2016 and most likely 2020 :hmm:
if he voted for him in 2016 and realized he fucked up and has since made strides to understand how he got grifted into that in the first place while simultaneously speaking out against Trump then I'm not sure what the benefit of berating the guy is, that's the opposite way to reinforce the idea that if you make a mistake and own up to it that there should be a path to redemption imho

but yes @CommanderFish was a stupid bitch for voting for him in 2016 either way

WhiteLightning

Be Excellent to each other.
Sep 12, 2001
Northeast
if he voted for him in 2016 and realized he fucked up and has since made strides to understand how he got grifted into that in the first place while simultaneously speaking out against Trump then I'm not sure what the benefit of berating the guy is, that's the opposite way to reinforce the idea that if you make a mistake and own up to it that there should be a path to redemption imho

I always said the first timers can maybe be forgiven. supporting this trash in 2020 = death by hanging facing the capitol building no hoods

cooly

OT Supporter
Jan 23, 2006

There is never redemption for voting for trump. HTH

Reactions: ///TRASH

cooly

OT Supporter
Jan 23, 2006
if you got a reprieve for being the ringleader of autism crew you should be careful lobbing boulders with a trebuchet from your glass palace
If you get a reprieve from coming back with an ae as a permabanned shitstain...

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC

these are my feelings as well.

@CommanderFish has gone on to criticize the GOP for it's part in all this fuckery as well. that's good in my book.

if you cast out Trump but are all in or completely mum about GOP fuckery then you can still get fucked imo

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan