GAME 30 years ago the second greatest SNES game was released…

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
My girl just started a new game last night. Named Link 'Jen', which made me cringe very hard, but I kept my mouth shut. She's terrible at it lmao, but got through the first dungeon without completely walking her through it. She's terrible though lmao. Thank God for the emulator save state feature :rofl:

Anyways, one of my favorite all time games. I've played through it at least 10 times. I was browsing through reddit threads last night, reading younger gamer's opinions on it. So many negative opinions on it. I guess these kids don't realize how truly amazing it was for it's time. Oh well, fuck em. Link to the Past is one of the most groundbreaking and influential games in the history of gaming. 11/10. Will play again.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Whether or not I have a violent reaction to this thread title depends HEAVILY on what you consider to be the BEST SNES game. :squint:

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I enjoyed the hell out of Super Metroid, but as someone who didn't grow up with it, it's definitely more rough around the edges compared to ALttP or Chrono Trigger imo

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Replayability makes CT #1. I still play it often whereas LTTP and Metroid I’ll beat those every now and then.

I replayed both Super Metroid and LTTP more than I replayed Chrono Trigger. I mean yeah Chrono had the different endings, but that was a long game to go through for multiple playthroughs.

bleeked out

wut the?
Sep 10, 2002
mementos
I replayed both Super Metroid and LTTP more than I replayed Chrono Trigger. I mean yeah Chrono had the different endings, but that was a long game to go through for multiple playthroughs.
With CT it’s all about new game+. So you actually gain something from playing over and over again. 99’d all my chars for like 3 different systems lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448