CREW 3d Printing Crew: Tugboats up in this biatch

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
this is what i used, just some random stuff from amazon, im sure there is better filament i just didnt wanna spend a lot on this

I just ordered this one based on nothing other than brand recognition and price :o
Code:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B096XFLFYF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: MrBlonde

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
These the toothed ones you were talking about? Pics?
I was using teethed ones for about a month. But the ones I had were hot garbage and I knew it. So I had ordered HQ ones immediately.

lhMJYDt.jpg

HIUBARs.jpg

• Cool
Reactions: FritoBandito

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
interesting, people have mostly concluded they don't matter in vorons (vs bearing stacks), mine has toothed idlers though :o
Absolutely noticed a difference on my other printer. But they were still garbage idlers so it only just reduced it. I have genuine Gates idlers going in when it gets rebuilt, after I finish my PC.

And the artifacts that had a 2mm pitch on my Prusa before now are completely gone.

Dual-gear extruders cause surface artifacts as well but people still are pushing them for some damn reason.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Absolutely noticed a difference on my other printer. But they were still garbage idlers so it only just reduced it. I have genuine Gates idlers going in when it gets rebuilt, after I finish my PC.

And the artifacts that had a 2mm pitch on my Prusa before now are completely gone.

Dual-gear extruders cause surface artifacts as well but people still are pushing them for some damn reason.
Yeah I wonder what the next hotness in extruders will be to avoid this issue, it does seem a bit odd that everyone is ignoring it, but those bondtech gearsets are sooooo cheap

TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Yeah I wonder what the next hotness in extruders will be to avoid this issue, it does seem a bit odd that everyone is ignoring it, but those bondtech gearsets are sooooo cheap
Didn't E3D just come out with a large diameter extruder gear? So instead of the two small sorta meshing gears and their problems we've gone back to one but larger diameter bigger contact patch to make up for the one sided grip.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Didn't E3D just come out with a large diameter extruder gear? So instead of the two small sorta meshing gears and their problems we've gone back to one but larger diameter bigger contact patch to make up for the one sided grip.
I think someone did, but not e3d
Don't believe so. But Prusa is ditching it for all upcoming printers.
didn't prusa go first party for their hot end/extruders?

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
I set up some GCODE to do a temp tower a couple weeks ago and have been printing a bunch since then. I didn't realize until now that Cura had carried over the gcode for the temps. All this time the last couple weeks all my items have been printed with different temps. LOL

Valence

Just a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude.
OT Supporter
tinkercad sucks for something i'm trying to help a youth pastor out with. They have 300 chairs with these offering racks in the seat back, and the envelopes and papers are so tall when slid in the rack that they fall backwards. People sliding behind the chairs bump into the papers and they fall out onto the floor. I'm looking for a solution that will hold the envelopes up or a free piece of software I can use to mock something up.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74