CREW 3d Printing Crew: Tugboats up in this biatch

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
Piece of plexglass with rounded corners at the top. Superglued to the inside to make a tall lip (or 2 smooth topped bolts.) Seems the easiest/elegant way if im understanding the simple problem correctly.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
tinkercad sucks for something i'm trying to help a youth pastor out with. They have 300 chairs with these offering racks in the seat back, and the envelopes and papers are so tall when slid in the rack that they fall backwards. People sliding behind the chairs bump into the papers and they fall out onto the floor. I'm looking for a solution that will hold the envelopes up or a free piece of software I can use to mock something up.
fusion360

Reactions: Valence

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
https://www.tronxy3d.com/products/t...printer-direct-drive-3d-printer-600-600-600mm
I don't have a need for anything this big, but that is kinda tempting. $1,165.50 for a 600x600x600.
I was looking at their 400x400x400. There is a fully upgraded version of the 400 model on amazon for $699, but it has a $170 coupon on amazon right now. I wish I knew how long the coupon was good for so I knew how long I had to decide.

The 400 is a corexy, and the 600 is a cartesian.

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
If you don't need the size IMO don't get the big one. Having a very hard time believing the big one will reach a bed temp of 85C like they claim. It only has a 600W PSU and that is a ridiculously large bed.

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
My corexy has had a filament jam for like 6 months. But because I was an idiot I didn't design the carriage to be opened easily. So I quit using it. So redesigning the X/Y completely. Using parts I bought for the tool changer. Will buy better stuff for it later. Making some progress. :hmm:

iUowt5L.png

h3KFvJH.png

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
My corexy has had a filament jam for like 6 months. But because I was an idiot I didn't design the carriage to be opened easily. So I quit using it. So redesigning the X/Y completely. Using parts I bought for the tool changer. Will buy better stuff for it later. Making some progress. :hmm:
I should get a corexy just because I don't understand how they work. I get that it uses the two steppers to move the 2 axis, but it seems like black magic that it can move one without the other.

TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
This came up on my feed

And I immediately went looking for a 3D print version of it which of course does exist. As usual I have a slightly different vision of how it should be done and therefor will spend the next month designing my own that isn't any better. :p

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I (think) I've had a bunch of heat creep issues trying to print PLA, the Stealthburner toolhead is supposed to be way better at getting air across the heatsink :hmm:
I've had a bunch of prints just randomly jam, mostly it was pretty fast so I thought it was just heat creep, but this one was like 2 hours in or something
QMKBdku.png

oh well, I think I want this m12 battery holder now anyhow :hmm: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1977186

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
I (think) I've had a bunch of heat creep issues trying to print PLA, the Stealthburner toolhead is supposed to be way better at getting air across the heatsink :hmm:
I've had a bunch of prints just randomly jam, mostly it was pretty fast so I thought it was just heat creep, but this one was like 2 hours in or something

Is it using some sort of quiet fan to cool the heatsink? TBH never got the point of making a printer super quiet. Motors, sure. But fans are needed. I've never had heat creep ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor