3d Printing Crew: Tugboats up in this biatch

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
Anyone else have a friend who you tried to dissuade from buying a 3D printer because you knew they would not do their own fucking research and just ask stupid question after stupid fucking question?

Sigh
I had a hobby delta printer made from plywood and fishing string. Built it in like 2015. Quickly outgrew it and was throwing it out when my wife asked me to give it to her mom (who has trouble using an iphone.) I yeeted that thing in the trashcan like it was on fire.

Wilddog

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2006
Canada
Is there a general consensus about Bambu printer reliability?
Recently saw video of a lightning fast print by one, though I don't care about alternating colors mid print.

Looks like another Kickstarter printer.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Recently saw video of a lightning fast print by one, though I don't care about alternating colors mid print.

Looks like another recent crowdsourced printer.
they haven't really been out in the wild long enough for a solid general consensus

Reactions: Wilddog

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
I had a hobby delta printer made from plywood and fishing string. Built it in like 2015. Quickly outgrew it and was throwing it out when my wife asked me to give it to her mom (who has trouble using an iphone.) I yeeted that thing in the trashcan like it was on fire.
:rofl:

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦

Looks like another Kickstarter printer.

Everyone I know with a 'fast' 3d printer is constantly fucking around with it trying to fix stuff. I'm super anxious for some ot'ers to get these machines and give us some honest opinions.

Reactions: Wilddog and Nikuk

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
I gave up fucking with it tonight. Gonna wait until my filament rolls come in tomorrow and watch a few more different tutorials:o

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
ah shit, that sucks.. what printer?
Creality Ender 3 Neo V2. I was doing everything the guy said in the video but I feel like I missed something.

This is the video I watched. Everything was fine until started getting into the actual offsets and leveling process which is around 24:25

I did the auto-level but I feel like I fucked up somewhere on the manually adjusting section.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Everyone I know with a 'fast' 3d printer is constantly fucking around with it trying to fix stuff. I'm super anxious for some ot'ers to get these machines and give us some honest opinions.

flip side, if you enjoy hotrodding a printer you probably value uptime a lot less, or are willing to compromise on it :dunno:

Well, it's here...I've got everything put together but I think I fucked up the calibration somehow by trying to follow a youtube guide.
Apologies if this picture is fucking huge, IDK how to change it:o

This is my bed, looks like the nozzle was too close and just dragged across it. I hope it didn't permanently fuck up something.

definitely nothing permanent, it's basically a write of passage to draw on your PEI like that

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Creality Ender 3 Neo V2. I was doing everything the guy said in the video but I feel like I missed something.

This is the video I watched. Everything was fine until started getting into the actual offsets and leveling process which is around 24:25

I did the auto-level but I feel like I fucked up somewhere on the manually adjusting section.

did you stop your print because it was dragging or did the rest of it work fine?

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
I stopped the print early since it was just a block and I could get the general idea of how it was printing. I noticed it had a little trail from cancelling in the middle, is this normal?

The edges seem bumpy/notchy, I don't know a good word to describe it. This is my first time printing so I have zero expectations, I just wanna know if I'm doing it correctly:o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6