3d Printing Crew: Tugboats up in this biatch

Tenny

OT Supporter
Oct 4, 2005
Houston
I got a reply this morning, they're sending me another package while the other one is being returned to their warehouse ... no details on when that would go out or anything. It definitely feels like their China office handles all of the customer service based on the responses I'm getting
Got my reply this morning... telling me to email another group within their system. Hopefully they respond within a day or two. Def seems like China handles their CS, my reply was at 3:30AM CT.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
It's cute.
PP printing powerhouse
K9RmWkZf4qoHtm8GJ4uBnqx72_NlSPGHGAurKoZQBQM422CvMpYZdMLA6UtxcSrg0GL8dO_ABj-kVd1LwHM8ARassD4INq3CBBaDWvCb7PVodv34jfhpJnwAhJwXf1HkyqeyjcTB-FzRCENXrF2xk0K_DNZWakI7XcC_PvTAF2smZ2RXjJq3z3w_YwClDlO1tX37FyKDF7Pp5NqvVslKjcCb-4KDywFsaIi8BdQpVtLu3p3w4rdmyDS-Ss_0XuF9cWrD9m8HQFxP5pqOA7-mD1bkReTKTkh66dqaE9rNhf7fqBrEuKU7zjUdXB_0aHLIse1WSLDaIlBq8cLHCKbEWa0zGWSMmZt8v2qje7ZyzUneQ23VSyiT68wEviZLxy_oVDQKQ2cDwAeskvZjMGOInBfKmBqP6VbD0SAIPWSxIrMHD5LGTpRMxCRzncSMWFutfxHUxnR9zAQIoWlL6HoDGYBV9dSFMHm5H6nDnsZj05GBSVzlqufRLyTyMumBokuDKeHuhmaP_bN4uSP1kQsDHLlbaipIrg-C3n2SC-LsnPaV13g9XKr0jGZVnCF5lW3NBvvWPgSWCok1pC8Qnb2LxU2cyazgbzvu95Fd_xA42tEBg-maZmNoknBZFIhRzElBMZNqRAN0lBZ-83csO1eyJF2baxiqM6xV0a24S7CerYeDiTBlXil8yllIgN6JIcquR4exP159UU771FdOF49LojVCaNJoAEqgR_zk88ks1K3sg2WEpAvs1y5gFCEoNmnt7erBI41OjAYGxRFMDpIX4AmrVp65Hqx_KnO2nsUyrZsrXNsn-6YLubNpFj1A0oOwdXyBNxNd4kt0JZL11VpTzpdEja_UL4E1BG7UaVP6RlrMlbOAMOi4FYdYzvSpL560EUMVsVT1nqxZRuExXLuvGX516OXDhbh0plRbkfjzW9xrP03ULw=w726-h967-no

• Haha
Reactions: Cicada and TheRider

Tenny

OT Supporter
Oct 4, 2005
Houston
Also I still fucking hate the MMU2S.

It's fucking unreliable as fuck. Right now it keeps saying it's failing to load, when it's loading just fine.

TheRider

Geeky
OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2002
San Diego

It's fucking unreliable as fuck. Right now it keeps saying it's failing to load, when it's loading just fine.
I've got the pallete 3 pro and I've never quite got it dialed in so I rarely use it at all.

TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia

With that thing there seems to be no middle ground. Either it's flawless or it's a dumpster fire. I always wanted to get one after they worked the bugs out but I'm starting to doubt that'll ever happen. Probably just do the XL instead. I'm in no rush.

Reactions: CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
With that thing there seems to be no middle ground. Either it's flawless or it's a dumpster fire. I always wanted to get one after they worked the bugs out but I'm starting to doubt that'll ever happen. Probably just do the XL instead. I'm in no rush.
yeah there are soooo many people saying it's a paper weight. I was tempted to try the voron adjacent one but multi color printing isn't worth the headache

Tenny

OT Supporter
Oct 4, 2005
Houston
Mine has been a dumpster fire. I honestly haven't touched this printer in 6+ months because of the MMU2S always failing.

Restarted everything (including octoprint) and it's suddenly working perfect again.

Tenny

OT Supporter
Oct 4, 2005
Houston
do you use the Arduinoframework or ESP-IDF? I've been using Arduino but I think I'd like to give the ESP-IDF a shot. I have an S2 board here and tried to use it with WLED but it wouldn't boot. It's just collecting dust so I need to revisit it.
I use Arduinoframework.

Reactions: Boots
TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Mine has been a dumpster fire. I honestly haven't touched this printer in 6+ months because of the MMU2S always failing.

Restarted everything (including octoprint) and it's suddenly working perfect again.
I think I'd worry about Octoprint fucking with some of the more esoteric gcode the MMU2S is probably using. I've done a few custom gcode things that worked well via SD card that behaved differently through Octoprint.

TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
yeah there are soooo many people saying it's a paper weight. I was tempted to try the voron adjacent one but multi color printing isn't worth the headache
Yea it seems like the headache to benefit ratio isn't there yet on any of them. Multiple tool heads seems to offer the most promise but I wonder how much we'll have to fuck with position calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6