3d Printing Crew: Tugboats up in this biatch

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
There are the ones I use — I just liked that they had a model for most filament types; but now that I know a little more, the temps would usually give that away. Too late now 😅

Reactions: TheGreat8

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
What's the purpose of the little outline of whatever you're printing that it makes prior to starting on the piece?

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
What's the purpose of the little outline of whatever you're printing that it makes prior to starting on the piece?

Gets the plastic flowing nicely before the actual print it started and ensures any previous loaded filament is cleared. Also gives you a quick visual of the print area so you can tell if something is out of sorts quickly before printing starts.

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
I read early on it helps cut down random air currents for the first few layers helping them stick. Probably outdated by now.
I'm gonna leave it how it is, it's almost no filament and I feel like I should take every precaution I can to avoid fucking up prints:rofl:

Reactions: Cicada
TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
So my latest care related project is for a Buddy's 1950 Plymouth Suburban. He's an old ex Indy Racing coot and calls the project his rusto-mod. I'm doing his tail light lenses and he gave me license to do whatever I wanted. I told him I'll make em a pair of boobs and he said said he'd use em. :rofl:

So initially I'm just gonna go for function with a basic design and try hard to make the translucent PETG as clear as possible. Cranking up temps, turning off cooling fan, 100% infill, eleventy perimeters and the like. So far it looks pretty good. A pic doesn't do it justice.

99ZTe0sl.png

I'll let him use these while I figure out something more creative for later. ( NO DICKS @CPTMULLET :nono: )

I'll post pics once they're on the car.

TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Welp I think I just channeled my inner 1980's Aries K car enthusiast... :o

Guess I should have paid less attention to the inside and more to the outside. And maybe not use my textured bed. I thought it would make for a nice look. Kinda poot.

Q6DA9SSl.png

Any suggestions other than "Don't be a fag"?

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Welp I think I just channeled my inner 1980's Aries K car enthusiast... :o

Guess I should have paid less attention to the inside and more to the outside. And maybe not use my textured bed. I thought it would make for a nice look. Kinda poot.

Q6DA9SSl.png

Any suggestions other than "Don't be a fag"?
it actually looks like a car part, so I'm not sure what you're not happy with :o

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
how often are y'all replacing your nozzles?

it's been about a month and ive been through 3 nozzles on the S1 Pro, but my printers are running (nearly) 24/7 -- printing mostly PLA/PETG, with occasional silks/metallics, but nothing really abrasive. Just been replacing it when the prints start coming out shitty.

I have a couple 0.6 CHT and Ruby nozzles that i wanna try out, but i also wanna burn through this stockpile of cheaper nozzles I have

if it's worth it, ill probably get a diamondback at some point, so i dont have to keep replacing them :o -- anyone have experience with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld