3d Printing Crew: Tugboats up in this biatch

MastaCow

I love cup.
Nov 11, 2001
Glendale, CA
3 minutes seems ridiculous. Their explanation was very…PR, but at least they had one and the explanation was fair, even if the reasoning wasn’t optimally. Hopefully they address it.

Most of the Bambu community seems more like a lot of new people that haven’t done research and are finally getting into it because of the ease of use and performance only seen before by custom builds (granted, I’m still new to all of this too), or experienced people giving it a try; a lot of the questions/problems seem like people trying to go 100% all the time just cuz it can, the AMS system (which I don’t really plan to use much), complaining about availability/shipping outside of the US, or support taking a while. Maybe not a great sign there are already issues, but it could be user induced/user error.

I think they’ll be a victim of their own success and a lot of problems are going to be amplified by the amount of product they have out there; the machine has some lofty ambitions and new tech, lots of hype, and the supply chain issues aren’t helping when people need replacements or support.

If they can sort all of this out and make it through these growing pains, they really will be like the “iPhone” of 3D printers and the rest of the pack (at the consumer and prosumer level) is going to be playing catch up. At the very least, it’ll force innovation into a space that’s been an endless sea of Prusa/Ender 3 clones for years.

I think I’ll order an XL when they’re out, though. Tool changer seems awesome.
In the time I've spent lurking this thread, I've gone from shopping for a Prusa, to a Bambu X1C, to now waiting for a LDO 2.4 350 kit to come in stock somewhere.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
I don't see the downsides of going up from 300 to 350 since I'm not going for speedboats.
Rather have the fixed bed.
I have a 300 2.4 and it's pretty unwieldy to get to the electronics bay, I'd seriously consider doing this mod if I was you: https://mods.vorondesign.com/detail/TmE2ogJM6EYetii4uD1GQ There's also some other relocate electronics mods that are less popular but just as good (though maybe require more effort).

That said I built mine with a sub par kit compared to LDO and I'm sure you'll have to do less fussing with the electronics than I did.

Things to plan for in advance:
Adding lights to the chamber
Adding under bed fans to help w/ chamber heating
Chamber thermistor

Reactions: Cicada

MastaCow

I love cup.
Nov 11, 2001
Glendale, CA
I have a 300 2.4 and it's pretty unwieldy to get to the electronics bay, I'd seriously consider doing this mod if I was you: https://mods.vorondesign.com/detail/TmE2ogJM6EYetii4uD1GQ There's also some other relocate electronics mods that are less popular but just as good (though maybe require more effort).

That said I built mine with a sub par kit compared to LDO and I'm sure you'll have to do less fussing with the electronics than I did.

Things to plan for in advance:
Adding lights to the chamber
Adding under bed fans to help w/ chamber heating
Chamber thermistor
Thanks, bookmarked.
All I've managed to do so far is source a RPi 4B 2gb. Just gathering info since most of these shops say mid Feb to have them in stock.

TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Oh it'll detect farts :rofl:
YdVTzVH.gif

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Best method to re-wind or transfer to another spool?

The fuckin side of one of my protopasta spools fell off as soon as I took it out of the package and now I have a partially tangled mess that I wanna put on an old spool or these AMS-compatible spools I printed out

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
In the time I've spent lurking this thread, I've gone from shopping for a Prusa, to a Bambu X1C, to now waiting for a LDO 2.4 350 kit to come in stock somewhere.
Damn son

R u me?

I went from 0 printers to 3 in like 6 weeks 😂
Wife won’t let me have anymore, but at least they’re all pretty good printers with different kinematics

Just need an IDEX or the Prusa XL with 5 toolheads and I’m good 🤣

Last edited:

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city

The fuckin side of one of my protopasta spools fell off as soon as I took it out of the package and now I have a partially tangled mess that I wanna put on an old spool or these AMS-compatible spools I printed out
Winding is an art, I'd more likely bitch at protopasta tbh.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Damn son

R u me?

Wife won’t let me have anymore, but at least they’re all pretty good printers with different kinematics

just give me the Delta so I can live out my dreams and then you can build a Voron Trident w/ idex AKA Tridex

also you haven't even gotten into cross gantry:

results:

• Love

TheRider

Geeky
OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2002
San Diego

I use a drill with an adapter printed to take empty spool, then a microfiber cloth to pass the filament through to keep it clean as you go. Light movement side to side to move the filament across the spool. I used to have to do it a bunch when I had a dremel 3d45 as well since it wouldn't take full size spools.

MastaCow

I love cup.
Nov 11, 2001
Glendale, CA
Damn son

R u me?

I didn't buy any printers yet. Just doing due diligence.

TS
TS
FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Printed this guy... so useful. I always seem to forget something when I take the soldering iron to my storage unit...

V5BahoQ.png

n2fo1vI.png

sZCM2kI.png

Have to re-post mine. A bit more complex than the one above but compact as a mofo and I use it all the time. I don't have it on Printables since it's there's a bunch of post print stuff you have to do but if someone wants it I can share.

Q2QgkIvl.jpg

NUVno3el.jpg

4hewmhal.jpg

xegnAvIl.jpg

Reactions: Nikuk

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6