5.1.2 build, any HT gurus in here?

Das-Helmut

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Got a quote fora basement theater build. Nothing fancy, basically a big TV with in-wall audio. Looking at Origin Acoustics LCR, Atmos, and surrounds. The contractor wants to ceiling mount the surrounds (rears) a little further back from the Atmos speakers. My assumption was the rears should be ear level like the rest of the channels, to give the Atmos a clear distinction and provide height? Wouldn't rear ceiling surrounds be the same as Atmos and make them less noticeable? THe ceiling is only 7'6" so there's not a lot of room to spare and an I beam rules out the possibility of an Epson 5050, which was what I initially was planning.

.chris

William Taylor was a brisk young sailor
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
I dunno man that seems kinda fancy

Im not a guru but I think this is accurate:

Atmos rears should be ear level.
Atmos ceiling speakers should be in the ceiling (obviously), or you can angle them off the ceiling from your towers for a less dramatic effect.
Your receiver should be able to tune and account for the atmos speakers and their height.

I long for an atmos setup but I would need a new house :hs: Enjoy

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
You are correct. Rears in a 5.1 should be ear level same as mains. The atmos .2 doesn’t change this.

What AVR are you going with?

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
And why Origin? Because that’s your favorite from various auditions, or because it’s what they stock?

TS
TS

Das-Helmut

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
Baltimore, MD
CraneCamsOU said:
And why Origin? Because that’s your favorite from various auditions, or because it’s what they stock?
Never heard anything else, going off the recommendation. Probably what he has in stock dunno.

CashiShift said:
In Wall speakers, meh.
I am unfamiliar, explain?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6