ART 5DII ISO 50-25,600 at night

ZCP M3

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, CO
These sample pics make me want to trade my 5D in for a 5D Mk.2 instead of upgrading from a 70-200 f/4L to a 70-200 f/2.8L IS. :o

ZCP M3

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, CO
It'd probably be worth the sacrifice... saw the promo vid they shot with it... i cried.

I see it as an advantage TBH. The lens would give me a 1-stop advantage plus 3-stops IS, but is softer and heavier than the f/4 version. The body gives me 3-4 stops above the 5D that are damn near perfectly clear. :dunno:

Mutombo

May 31, 2006
San Francisco
I wish my dilemma was as good as yours.... either way I end up with less than what you guys have now... Fucking need a job and my parents wont let me this semester (they're paying for college, I have to respect them for now :wtc: )

I'd get the 5dmkII though

The problem is that if I get the 5d2 then I'll probably still end up getting the 70-200 2.8 IS anyways :o

No self control ftl

Drunken Karnie Midget

In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash
OT Supporter
Jun 3, 2004
Dirty Canada
I see it as an advantage TBH. The lens would give me a 1-stop advantage plus 3-stops IS, but is softer and heavier than the f/4 version. The body gives me 3-4 stops above the 5D that are damn near perfectly clear. :dunno:
I've got a D350... the mkII is god by comparison. Now i just need to win the lottery, cause i'm never gonna be able to afford one otherwise. Course i could pick one up in January with my tax refund :hsugh: Nessa wouldn't mind having the D350 for her personal use...

Mutombo

May 31, 2006
San Francisco
From what I can gather, it should be to me by Nov 4th. Well see though...

Im VERY impressed with it and cant wait to shoot with it.

Where did you preorder from? I passed on preordering from Adorama when it was available since I was thinking it would be up on Amazon shortly. Still haven't seen it available on Amazon for preorder...

TS
TS

adamlewis88

Dec 2, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Where did you preorder from? I passed on preordering from Adorama when it was available since I was thinking it would be up on Amazon shortly. Still haven't seen it available on Amazon for preorder...

Its from where I work. As soon as we get the first shipment in, Im taking one.
Perks of the job ;)

emorphien

Apr 8, 2006
ಠ_ಠ
theres a zip (or rar) file of RAW images from this same vantage point with a longer focal length. I've updated my Capture One to 4.5.1 which has preliminary 5D2 RAW support and the results are pretty darn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448