GUN 9mm for Target Practice

soapytoast

Oct 14, 2007
Looking to pick up a semi 9mm for target practice. I really like the Steyr M9-A1 but am unable to obtain one at the moment due to inventory issues in California. What else should I look at if I like the Steyr?

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
glock, HK, FNH, S&W MP

basically anything with a polymer frame :dunno:

oh and:

M9-A1 / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" 9mm 1/24/2009

by inventory do you mean your local shop is out of stock? because they're on the approved handgun roster. you can always order online and have it transfered :wavey:

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
Springfield you can just change out the barrel and shoot 9mm from a 40 or 357

TS
TS

soapytoast

Oct 14, 2007
Thanks alot for the advice. You guys are great. I just wish I didn't live in Cali. I tried the G19 and concluded that the Steyr for me felt better in my hand. I guess I'll just have to wait and keep on the lookout. If anyone knows where I can pick one up in Cali it would be much appeciated.

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

Silver Member
May 22, 2000
CA
Thanks alot for the advice. You guys are great. I just wish I didn't live in Cali. I tried the G19 and concluded that the Steyr for me felt better in my hand. I guess I'll just have to wait and keep on the lookout. If anyone knows where I can pick one up in Cali it would be much appeciated.

best bet is to pick up a phonebook and call all the gunshops within how far you're willing to drive. :hs:

I've have to do that several times before..... :o

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.

I don't know about steyr's qualiy but i do know that training and practice can make you get used to a gun but it won't make it more reliable.

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

For a target gun, why not a G34? Plenty of aftermarket and etc...

Do you not like the Glock feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74