FIT A couple questions regarding interval training

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiri

Mar 15, 2006
Miami, FL
i'm about to start stage 2 in the new rules of lifting for women book, and it involves "high intensity interval training", which has you doing some sort of cardio (running or stationary bike or whatever) for 15 minutes, with 1 minute intervals and 2 minute rest periods.

my question is, should i be doing this at the end or the beginning of my workout? or even in the middle somewhere? in the book it doesn't specify... they sort of tack it on to the end of workout B (which actually looks way harder than workout A). they don't say exactly when to do it though. also, i was thinking about doing it after both workouts A and B, because it doesn't specify whether or not you should do this either. any reason why i shouldn't do it both days?

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
how many days a week does your routine have you lifting

edit: if the book says to do it on the same day as your workout(s) then do it at the end.

save your energy for your weight lifting then burn yourself out afterwords with the HIIT

Soupy

"What is comforting and what is true are two entir
OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2002
Have you read the book? It says to do it exactly where they put it, at the end of workout B.

TS
TS
kiri

kiri

Mar 15, 2006
Miami, FL
oh yea and it has me doing it 3 days a week, so it'd be
A B A
B A B

and so on.

i guess i'll just do it at the end of workout B then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448