TECH "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

hom3lesshom3boy

Jan 11, 2005
NorCal
So I just built a brand new tower and right now I'm in the process of installing the OS. I'm installing Windows XP x64 w/ SP2. I'm at the blue installation screen, waiting for that yellow bar to hit 100%.
The first time I tried, I waited around 'til 50% and then went to sleep. When I woke up, it said that "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart". I did that, and now I'm in the process of trying a second time.

I don't hear my hard drive clicking, but I can feel it spinning. I've plugged in the SATA power cord and data cord properly.

Specs are:
GA-EP35-DS3R mobo
E7300 processor
BFG 9600GT GPU
CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 2X2GB
OCZ 600W PSU
I don't remember the exact model of my HDD, and I can't check because it's installing right now. It's a Samsung 1TB HDD, though.

So can anyone help me out if the "A Disk Read Error Occurred. press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart" error, if it comes up again?

asdfbunk

A Member
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2005
Maybe your DVD ROM drive or the XP disc itself is causing the issue?

TS
TS
hom3lesshom3boy

hom3lesshom3boy

Jan 11, 2005
NorCal
LOL i meant 995 gigs, or something like that.

but it fixed itself, strangely enough. i just gave it a second go and it works.

thanks for everything again, OT

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec