ART A few from tonight ** SNWS stripper content ahead**

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Okay, so I took the strip club gig. They're paying me to drink and take pics of chicks on stage, so I figured why not.

The best part is that the club wants some lame promo photography as well, so out of my cut, I had a buddy come in, set him up with an SB800 and a 16-35 f/4 on his D90 and had him go to town with the basic stuff so I could shoot what I wanted. ;):rofl:

Anyway, here's a couple from this first night. This'll actually end up becoming a 7 week deal, so hopefully by then I'll have some sort of story and flow to things. There's not much going on story wise in these tonight since I was kinda feeling things out and getting used to the fact that I could photograph in the club.

Oh, side note: Daytona Beach has somewhat recently outlawed nudity in clubs, so now they're just bikini bars. Lame, yes, I know. :greddy:

Edit 8-17-2011: Week 2 added on page 2.

hGhDz.jpg

eLotq.jpg

XWDhX.jpg

yv6jX.jpg

6v1o5.jpg

And no, none of these chicks were really genuinely good looking. :barf:

Last edited:

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Holy shit, bad ass.

Your skillz aside, I think part of the appeal is having a REAL photographer in a strip club, which is rare on its own (as you alluded to).

#2 is by far my fav...perfect job of telling the scene, plus your B+W is :bowdown:

The desaturated shots actually look good too...grimy strip club feel.

In #1 the ostrich looking head bugs me, but the shot and lighting is sick on the gal.

Glad you took this on, in for the rest of this 7-week set. :wavey:

TS
TS
FryingPan

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Holy shit, bad ass.

Your skillz aside, I think part of the appeal is having a REAL photographer in a strip club, which is rare on its own (as you alluded to).

#2 is by far my fav...perfect job of telling the scene, plus your B+W is :bowdown:

The desaturated shots actually look good too...grimy strip club feel.

In #1 the ostrich looking head bugs me, but the shot and lighting is sick on the gal.

Glad you took this on, in for the rest of this 7-week set. :wavey:

Thanks dude.

Fuck, I know what you mean about that head. I was tracking her down the stage and that asshole sat down right in my shot. :mad:

I'm gonna try to get all Clint Davis-ey and attempt to work some Photoshop magic and see if I can't convincingly remove it. Or just deal with it. :hs:

Should be interesting to continue with though. At least it's something different. :dunno:

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Thanks dude.

Fuck, I know what you mean about that head. I was tracking her down the stage and that asshole sat down right in my shot. :mad:

I'm gonna try to get all Clint Davis-ey and attempt to work some Photoshop magic and see if I can't convincingly remove it. Or just deal with it. :hs:

Should be interesting to continue with though. At least it's something different. :dunno:

Seriously, I would jump all over that opportunity just for the experience (not for the beat up T&A either).

If this was your first shoot and your feeler here, we're all in for a treat. :naughty:

I think cloning that out shouldn't be too tough and worth the effort...the tricky part will be were the old man creeper is, but doable.

Not to nitpick, but I'd clone out that napkin/cumrag in #3 and then that rail/strap thing at the bottom of #5.

TS
TS
FryingPan

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Seriously, I would jump all over that opportunity just for the experience (not for the beat up T&A either).

If this was your first shoot and your feeler here, we're all in for a treat. :naughty:

I think cloning that out shouldn't be too tough and worth the effort...the tricky part will be were the old man creeper is, but doable.

Not to nitpick, but I'd clone out that napkin/cumrag in #3 and then that rail/strap thing at the bottom of #5.

Yea. I'm also thinking of just leaving it and not straying too far from the basic rules of documentary photography. Its more lenient than straight up photojournalism, but I can't go all willy nilly with the PS work. :hs:

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Yea. I'm also thinking of just leaving it and not straying too far from the basic rules of documentary photography. Its more lenient than straight up photojournalism, but I can't go all willy nilly with the PS work. :hs:

That makes sense...I forgot what the intent of the shoot was btw. What does the strip club want to accomplish or is it an outside source wanting to document something?

Wobistdu

4 - i love the empty drab dusty look with just 1 guy

5 - just awesome

well fucking done bro

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I really really love these shots... Pure fucking cinematic....

But holy fuck, I do NOT want to go there. Hope these weren't for advertising...

Keegan

Jun 9, 2008
DC
#1's my favorite by far.

Does it ever get packed in there? The empty seats make it look like nobody goes there :p

In terms of future work - I'd love to see the flash snooted, expose for the body/face and underexpose everything else. Bit more of a glamor shot and I think it'd look boss if you get it right.

Definitely in for updates. Really enjoy seeing new areas shot.

Pikel

May 25, 2003
PNW
lol @ bikini bar.

Seems like a really cool project with some real potential.

Also you inspire me to shoot more B&W.

Pikel

May 25, 2003
PNW
Oh and before CFK says it, I would rotate #4 clockwise a degree and a half or so. Both the vertical pole and the railing in the background are like "MAKE ME STRAIGHT!"

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
Sweet. I really like #2

And that place looks like a dive :rofl:

I agree that they're very cinematic though.. I really like the look

TS
TS
FryingPan

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
I really really love these shots... Pure fucking cinematic....

But holy fuck, I do NOT want to go there. Hope these weren't for advertising...

These weren't. The owner knew the place would be slow tonight, but he said by the 3rd or 4th week the word has gotten out and it starts to get real busy in there.

#1's my favorite by far.

Does it ever get packed in there? The empty seats make it look like nobody goes there :p

In terms of future work - I'd love to see the flash snooted, expose for the body/face and underexpose everything else. Bit more of a glamor shot and I think it'd look boss if you get it right.

Definitely in for updates. Really enjoy seeing new areas shot.

Yeah, last night was kind of a feeler night to get an idea of what works, and what doesn't work. I'm definitely going to try to grid or snoot that light down a bit to get a little more control over it.

Not this time. Maybe next week though.

TS
TS
FryingPan

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Oh and before CFK says it, I would rotate #4 clockwise a degree and a half or so. Both the vertical pole and the railing in the background are like "MAKE ME STRAIGHT!"

Lol, I actually straightened it out and then put it back whilst uttering "deal with it CFK."

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
1 *is* really good.. very stereotypical too

Hardened look on her face

Big tits

Dollar bills stuffed down her underwear

Massive tattoo

Fishnets

Footwear that I only know to refer to as "stripper boots"

It's awesome! :cool:

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Another one.

sW0gN.jpg

I have to give credit where credit is due: I can't do that. :eek4:

Sick shot...you can tell the girl is beat though.

What's with the old dad rockin' the Roley and bringing his granddaughter along for a night of bonding? :mamoru:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan