GUN A good leader can lead well in any unit regardless of technical ability.

A good leader can lead in any unit regardless of technical ability.

• Agree

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Disagree

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

NEp8ntballer

Mar 22, 2006
"A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops." General of the Armies John J. Pershing

shiba

Feb 10, 2006
Depends, For officers its mostly the administrative part. For NCO's they better know the job well.

Pusan

Jul 30, 2005
If your subordinates know the job better than you they wont respect you.

That being said, if you come in and respect the knowledge of your subordinates and dont pretend to know everything, they will like you enough to show respect until you are up to speed.

TS
TS
Jyokker

Jyokker

The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn
Nov 15, 2004
Panama City, FL
If your subordinates know the job better than you they wont respect you.
I disagree. If you are incompetent, they will not respect you. One of the reasons many subordinates feel their technical ability trumps their supervisor is because the supervisor is usually a dick or incompetent.

NEp8ntballer

Mar 22, 2006
I disagree. If you are incompetent, they will not respect you. One of the reasons many subordinates feel their technical ability trumps their supervisor is because the supervisor is usually a dick or incompetent.
truth. At field training I felt that the person chosen to be flight commander at one time was totally inept. I didn't just feel that way without reason. She didn't have a clue. I didn't respect her much before and I guess I lost what little I had for her afterward. Pretty sure she finished ahead of me in the flight anyway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448