TAT A long shot, but shops in Birmingham, England?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by McNulty, Jul 28, 2009.

1. McNulty

McNulty New Member

I've been thinking about my design for a while and have it narrowed down to a half sleeve (this will be my first tattoo, but I have given it serious consideration for around 2 years now).

I've heard Modern Body Art is the best here, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any shops in the area (or even further out) that they could recommend?

Cheers for any help, I know the location might be a bit obscure :wavey:

2. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Chances are if you've heard good things about a shop, they're probably true. Word of mouth is a shop's best form of advertising. Go in and take a look around, talk to an artist, and check out a portfolio and see what you think for yourself. Good luck!

3. TWG

TWG New Member

good luck... you could always travel to the states.

4. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

Woody is the only artist that I follow that still resides in England. He is in High Wycombe.

www.woodystattoostudio.com

One of my artists used to own Evil From the Needle in London. They seemed to have a lot of talent when I was there years ago.

www.evilfromtheneedle.com

5. Rizla

Rizla New Member

Beat me to it. Levi at evilfromtheneedle did my sleeve and he's a talented guy for sure. All the guys in there are friendly and helpful, i'd recommend that shop to anyone in the area.

6. McNulty

McNulty New Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I asked around people I know and the consensus was Modern Body Art was by far and away the best in Birmingham.

I went in and they were really friendly and helpful when I told them it would be my first tattoo, especially when I pulled out all the shit I had printed off/jotted down/torn out of books and asked them to make it into a design.

I had my first consultation yesterday, told them a few things I wanted to change with the design and I'm going back again on the 17th just to go over the changes and make sure everything is cool. Then provisionally jotted in for the 24th to start work.

I'll keep a log, probably in this thread of how it goes :wavey:

7. Rizla

Rizla New Member

Sounds good mate, always nice to find an artist who's helpful.

8. Pale James

Pale James Active Member

Where is modern body art?

I live in Birmingham, but have been relatively unimpressed by the work of the shops I have seen. I haven't come across modern body art. I am incredibly picky, though.

Any progress pics?

9. McNulty

McNulty New Member

Modern Body Art is in the City Centre, on Corporation Street near the Law Courts. If you walk towards the Square Peg and keep going down, you come to it eventually :)

And of course, I had forgotten to update this. These were taking immediately after the wrap came off and it was cleansed, unfortunately I don't have any new pictures. I also can't get it shaded 'til early October, which sucks major balls, the shop is so fully booked but worth it :bigthumb:

http://img116.imageshack.us/i/skulla.jpg/

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/happyguy.jpg/

If anyone can recommend a better host than Imageshack I'd be happy to re-upload :)

10. Scold

Scold OT Supporter