FIT Ab cramping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Hawk

OT Supporter
May 4, 2009
The SWAMP
I still haven't found a solid answer for this, I've been Googling and I'm still not finding any solid answers on my why abs would cramp up when I work them out. I have no other issues with cramping besides my forearms after a good workout. I take in a very sufficient amount of water every day, sometimes I wonder if overhydration would be the issue, but I would think it would effect other body parts. My water intake varies from 2-2.5 gallons a day, some days a little more. I eat a very clean, healthy diet with about 4 cups of veggies a day (mixed, stir fry). I eat a banana every morning. Greek yogurt throughout the day. I'd say my potassium intake is solid. Sodium intake is good. I'm in good cardiovascular shape with no signs of diabetes.

It's a long shot, but I'm hoping someone has some reasoning. :wavey:

TS
TS

Mike Hawk

OT Supporter
May 4, 2009
The SWAMP
How much time is there between the start of your workout and when you last ate (including snacks)
I go about an hour after my dinner. These aren't the types of cramps you get when you run, these are visibly ab muscles locking up. 99% of the time it's my lower 2 abs, sometimes my mid. Never the upper.

The Grid

OT Supporter
May 23, 2007
I had the exact same problem. Exact same.

I do them on off days, 6 total sets, no crunches, just leg lifts; planks; roll outs; ab coaster

After hitting them routinely they slowly started to cramp less and less. Now I don't get any cramps :dunno:

TS
TS

Mike Hawk

OT Supporter
May 4, 2009
The SWAMP
I had the exact same problem. Exact same.

I do them on off days, 6 total sets, no crunches, just leg lifts; planks; roll outs; ab coaster

After hitting them routinely they slowly started to cramp less and less. Now I don't get any cramps :dunno:
this isn't something I can work up to. It's after my first set, regardless of what exercise. I've been trying to work up to it for a year, it's a consistent problem.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
Don't know how many times I have to say this on here, so I'll put it in big letters.

Deficiency in any electrolyte can cause cramping, NOT JUST POTASSIUM. Too much water can also cause cramping by depleting your electrolytes.

NUDES

May 19, 2007
Magnesium makes this go away for me. 400mg pre workout. I'm sure that doesn't fall in line with the TrueProtein PreSuperStackInfusedLightningEarthQuake PreWorkoutProtocolVersion xy7. But it's what I do.

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Same here.

But then again, I just attributed it to me not hitting abs as often as I should and usually throw it in at the end of a long workout. It'll take at least 5-10 minutes of intense stretching to finally get my abs to relax. Always the lower abs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan