Abbott warns it will take TEN WEEKS to get baby formula products on shelves

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Why the shortage?

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is investigating consumer complaints of bacterial infections in four infants who consumed powdered infant formula produced in Abbott Nutrition’s facility in Sturgis, Michigan. All four infants had to be hospitalized and the bacterial infection may have contributed to death in two patients.

• Angry
Reactions: majesty

EE CUMMINGS

aka RobHuang
Dec 31, 2001
LA, CA
also see whey protein concentrate listed further in… probably pixie dusted. is baby formula the biggest scam ever?

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
i just looked up the nutritional label of baby formula

first ingredient is nonfat milk, then lactose followed by vegetable oil

:rofl: what kind of snake oil people buying into? shit is just powdered milk fortified with some vitamins.
What did you think it was?

What do you think breast milk is?

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
Why the shortage?
Cronobacter found at their factory. Also there had been a noticeable shortage of their pro-advance formula for awhile. When I asked about it the reply I got was the usual COVID and supply chain issues.

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Almond milk has zero vitamins and calories, minus well drink water
Noted thank you! This is a short transition off bottles since she's eating solid foods now. Every week we reduce the ounces down til hopefully no more bottles

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teokennet