About 30 ice fisherman currently stranded on Lake Superior

TimzSI

#KeepFightingMichael
Oct 3, 2001
Zenadu
If there’s one thing I know about fisherman and house painters, it’s that they’re all degenerate drunks

TS
TS
HipHopHead

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
From a local article last week. :mamoru:

Let’s start with Lake Superior. Are people taking to the ice off of Beacon Point in Duluth? The answer is yes. Are these people risking lives to catch fish? Yes, yes they are. Please don't go and ice fish Lake Superior anywhere near Duluth or Superior. This ice is not safe. (In fact by Thursday evening much of the ice had blown out in stiff northwest winds, leaving open water where ice anglers had been fishing the day before.)

If we get the expected subzero temperatures in the coming days, and little wind, we might find safe ice soon. But for now the Lake Superior ice off Duluth should be avoided. For those of you that are chancing this ice, please don't promote this!

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
I remember I used to go ice fishing with my grandpa, and after he ran out of beers he'd always say "Watch this, grandson," strip down to his underwear, and slide down through the hole in the ice. A few minutes would pass, and he'd always come back holding a beers that he'd snagged by sneaking up through someone else's ice fishing hole. He did this for as far back as I can remember, and we always thought it was hilarious to visualize him popping out of someone else's hole and stealing their beer. Anyways, when I turned 21, I was out there with him and

MZ2215

Yep
Jul 21, 2001
Michigan
Been ice fishing since I was a kid. Would never go out on a partially frozen lake tbh.

Same. I know lake superior is a different deal, but if i can see open water i'm not fucking around on the ice. Sucks that people knew it wasn't safe and did it anyway. Now they're putting rescue crew lives at risk to come get their dumbasses.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I remember I used to go ice fishing with my grandpa, and after he ran out of beers he'd always say "Watch this, grandson," strip down to his underwear, and slide down through the hole in the ice. A few minutes would pass, and he'd always come back holding a beers that he'd snagged by sneaking up through someone else's ice fishing hole. He did this for as far back as I can remember, and we always thought it was hilarious to visualize him popping out of someone else's hole and stealing their beer. Anyways, when I turned 21, I was out there with him and
and then

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
Ice fishing the great lakes that never freeze over is right up there on the stupid shit humans do

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026