GAME Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
Beat AC4,AC5,ACX and played a few missions from AC6.
Will definitely get it, but I hope they don't pull that CRA bullshit down our throats.

blackrat

Mar 2, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I'll pick it up, I've enjoyed every game from the series. First trailers kind of had me worried but the gameplay vid that was released last month looks pretty legit. The down the sights thing is optional and you can play the old school way. One thing I don't like is how the controls regress to novice style when in the close up view eve if you're using realistic style controls everywhere else.

[y]MHXMvKLxS1w[/y]

nicklk

Aug 27, 2004
Denver, CO
I'll pick it up, I've enjoyed every game from the series. First trailers kind of had me worried but the gameplay vid that was released last month looks pretty legit. The down the sights thing is optional and you can play the old school way. One thing I don't like is how the controls regress to novice style when in the close up view eve if you're using realistic style controls everywhere else.

[y]MHXMvKLxS1w[/y]

I wonder how many people would die from the amount of stray bullets shot from that jet above Miami :o

BlueApocalypse

Nov 4, 2006
HAWX 2 was a WASTE. I picked it up recently for $20 (PS3)... holy fucking shit. Ace Combat 3 for the PSX was better. Controls were clunky, graphics were really sub-par, story was non-existent and the list goes on. The OFF system is useless, the HUD was way to simple, the cockpits were horrible... and the worst yet: Enemy planes would magically speed up and move around in ways not consistent with regular flight mechanics. It's as if the game was moving them around to put them where the hell it wanted.

tl;dr - makes me look towards the new AC that much more.

TS
TS
PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
wonder if there will be a demo?

either way, pre-ordered it from amazon w/ 99 cent release day shipping. total: $45.98

TS
TS
PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
October is going to be a busy month of gaming.

NHL 12 on Sept 13
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Oct 11
Battlefield 3 October 25

TS
TS
PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
coworker lending me HAWX 2

going to grind that out coop on expert with 2 buddies ftw

Terik

Jun 16, 2006
starkville,ms
not sure how i feel about the changes they've made to this series, the DFM looks cool but i dunno, feels too much like HAWX, and the helicopter controls just felt weird.

Think i'll hold off on this until xmas

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448