adventures in trying to put air in a tire today...

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
holy shit did they ever find a way to fuck us poor people who don't have a compressor at home.

so i realized when the dealership rotated my tires from the back to the front, they didn't adjust the air pressure accordingly....(front 60/rear 65). so, i hit a gas station and lowered my fronts to 60 and then put in my $1.50 so i could air up the rear tires to 65.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, this was the old school pump so i knew it would work quickly but i heard the hose hissing....UH OH, well i ended up losing more fucking air out of the tire instead of raising it. so my left rear is sitting at 60 and my right rear is now at 54. not cool. i rolled 30 seconds down the street to the next gas station and some jerkoff has parked in front of the compressor. i waitied for 10 minutes and he never came out so i headed off to the next store.

thats when i encountered my first "smart" air pump...$1.50 for 4 minutes and you can set the pressure so it knows when to shut off...NEAT!

i put in my money and i'm trying to make it from 54 psi up to 65 psi. this thing is fucking slower than any other piece of equipment on the planet earth. it took all 4 minutes to get up to 65 psi. so then i had to spend yet another $1.50 to do the other tire.

before someone here goes on about "free air pumps"...there is ONE near me and it is 30 minutes from where i was at.

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
holy shit did they ever find a way to fuck us poor people who don't have a compressor at home.

so i realized when the dealership rotated my tires from the back to the front, they didn't adjust the air pressure accordingly....(front 60/rear 65). so, i hit a gas station and lowered my fronts to 60 and then put in my $1.50 so i could air up the rear tires to 65.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, this was the old school pump so i knew it would work quickly but i heard the hose hissing....UH OH, well i ended up losing more fucking air out of the tire instead of raising it. so my left rear is sitting at 60 and my right rear is now at 54. not cool. i rolled 30 seconds down the street to the next gas station and some jerkoff has parked in front of the compressor. i waitied for 10 minutes and he never came out so i headed off to the next store.

thats when i encountered my first "smart" air pump...$1.50 for 4 minutes and you can set the pressure so it knows when to shut off...NEAT!

i put in my money and i'm trying to make it from 54 psi up to 65 psi. this thing is fucking slower than any other piece of equipment on the planet earth. it took all 4 minutes to get up to 65 psi. so then i had to spend yet another $1.50 to do the other tire.

before someone here goes on about "free air pumps"...there is ONE near me and it is 30 minutes from where i was at.

awesome

now buy this

ht tps://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-C2002-Oil-Free-Pancake-Compressor/dp/B000O5RO1Y/ref=sr_1_1?crid=YZ5HSS8JK2ZQ&dchild=1&keywords=porter+cable+air+compressor&qid=1601671246&sprefix=porter+cable+ai%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-1

TS
TS
TheRightToRemainSilent

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
awesome

now buy this

ht tps://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-C2002-Oil-Free-Pancake-Compressor/dp/B000O5RO1Y/ref=sr_1_1?crid=YZ5HSS8JK2ZQ&dchild=1&keywords=porter+cable+air+compressor&qid=1601671246&sprefix=porter+cable+ai%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-1

if i had a garage, i would have a compressor.

im a poor apartment dweller

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448