GUN AK Krew

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
They are marked differently for the '100-300m battle setting.' It is an 'n.' Not sure what you mean by original but I'm assuming you mean Russian. Also, do you mean 74 or 47. As far as I know the rear sight on both the 47 and 74 is just parked, there's no other type of finish so it's more grey than the rest of the rifle.

Probably more info then you wanted but oh well :)

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
I think both rear sight leafs should be almost exactly the same. Both should have the cryllic 'п' as well as Bulgarian. Both should go from 1-10 and be grey with white paint in the letters and lines.

Generally Bulgarian AKs are almost exact copies of the original Russians. There are definitely some differences but generally they are close.

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
well now i`m confused...
i want order one of those larue irondots
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=134
it has an option to choose between "original or bulgarian"

Welllllll I'm confused too. It would probably be best to call them and see what they recommend. Because as far as I know rear sight leaves should be interchangeable between almost all ak47/74s. I'll dig out my other AKs after I get some shit done today and check it out, I only have my Bulgarian 74 out right now but it looks normal to me :dunno:

TS
TS
SnakeEater

SnakeEater

May 23, 2006
Burma
they looked the same to me aswell.i went searching.and the only thing i can think of is,one is the leaf style,while the other is the dome like this
2woyasn.jpg

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
they looked the same to me aswell.i went searching.and the only thing i can think of is,one is the leaf style,while the other is the dome like this
Those are only for the Krinks. The top cover is attached to the rear sight block, so maybe that's what they mean...I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor