TECH "Alex" speech voice in Leopard

DouggieJ

OT Supporter
Nov 1, 2007
New York, NY USA
For the first time in a while, I tried to have a page read outloud via speech synthesis in Mac OS X, and I must say this "Alex" voice in Leopard is truly amazing! It's almost perfect with normal text.

Much better than previous Mac OS speech voices, and a giant leap from the Speech Synthesizer module in my original TI 99/4A computer!

TheWeasel

Speech was something they made a big deal of when first talking about Leopard but haven't done anything to bring note to it since the release. It is vastly improved and almost life like at this point.

JRide

Mar 25, 2008
I haven't used this feature yet. I found it in the system preferences but how do you get him to read a page?

MUDFISH

Jun 22, 2003
Syracuse
I haven't used this feature yet. I found it in the system preferences but how do you get him to read a page?

System Preferences---> Speech ---> Text to Speech ---> "Speak selected text when the key is pressed" --->set key

JCrev

Where is your god now?
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
System Preferences---> Speech ---> Text to Speech ---> "Speak selected text when the key is pressed" --->set key
In most programs you can also highlight some text and then go to (Application Name in menubar)->Services->Speech->Start speaking text

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana