ART ALL NEW WEBSITE, check it out

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
whats yo major son

keyframes look messed up on the transitions between horizontal, vertical, and random for the photo galleries. I would make them move in 1 direction perhaps or atleast make it smoother so its not so jumpy. Also I would take out the random button, its just adding useless stuff to the site. Personally I like a clean slate with a minimalist appearance. What are you trying to accomplish with this site, is it to gain customers, have a place to point family members, show off random pieces of work, be a portfolio? The answer to this question is important when designing and deciding what is important on your site.

Just my .02

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
not bad. did you buy a template and edit it? I don't like flash websites unless they are being used for a game or for showing off a portfolio, so I think you did a good job with it. I didn't look at it too much, but I do have a question. Most of your photos have your watermark that says "Joey Cerone Photography" although the domain is ceronephotography.com. It seems like you might want to keep it consistent between the two. That's just my thought.

isaac86hatch

This thread sucks
Oct 3, 2005
Oregon
am i the only one that hates all flash websites?
seems like i spend more time trying to learn how to navigate.

I'm getting that way.

My main issue is that the websites are 99% of the time more impressive than the photos. Flash sites, to me, are just the new lens flare, boarder, watermark, HDR, Strobist. :hs:

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I'm getting that way.

My main issue is that the websites are 99% of the time more impressive than the photos. Flash sites, to me, are just the new lens flare, boarder, watermark, HDR, Strobist. :hs:

yeah, because 'strobist' fits into that sentence... using off camera strobes = watermarks and hdr....

:rolleyes:

But I do agree with you in principle.

Supra - a couple issues:

1. you can't see the whole series of pictures or even the next picture in your gallery. How do I know if I'm interested in looking at all of them, unless there are thumbnails? Or perhaps I just want to show a couple of them to someone... No dice.

2. You have to click the little arrow to advance, but if you click the picture iteself it takes you back to the menu. Then you're beat, because you can't pick up where you left off... (there's nowhere that tells you that if you click the pic you get taken back to the menu either... It was a awesome surprise for me...)

3. all of the pictures resize themselves. So in order to advance to the next image, I have to hunt around and find the goddam arrow, because if I click on the image i'm fucking beat.

4. I just realized that in the menu area, each picture has it's own thumbnail thingy with the name and date. I thought each of these was a category of pictures at first. It confused me when I went to 'portraits' and saw like 3 'meredith's'. For some reason I just expected that each of those buttons was taking me to a gallery of images on that subject, not just taking me to the individual image...

Think that's it for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor