ART Alligators

vgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Kentucky
First picture post, really excited since these are the best alligator pictures I've gotten to date. Went through Lightroom really quick and did some minor adjustments, I know crappy vignetting but it kind of helps on some of them.

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

They're all taken in a park of wild alligators. The huge one was like 10ft and people were walking by casually instead of going around and it was hissing. I was pretty sure these people letting their toddlers roam freely were going to have an incident.

The rest are at http://vgeek.net/v/Nature/Barataria+Preserve/

Drunken Karnie Midget

In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash
OT Supporter
Jun 3, 2004
Dirty Canada
the first two are nice... the third... it's just too damned busy to really notice the gator at the center... even when you find the subject, it's hard to see.

Bloke

Banned
Jun 1, 2003
Lacrosse wi
i bet that place is creepy at night. i think you resized your pics too small, the last one would be nice if it was large.

TS
TS

vgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Kentucky
I thought that too, I have one from right behind it that is cleaner, but its the back of it unfortunately.

TS
TS

vgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Kentucky
i bet that place is creepy at night. i think you resized your pics too small, the last one would be nice if it was large.
It is, I went last year for a full moon tour... when you pointed your flashlight into the water, there were all types of eyes lit up in the water and the banks. I just post that small size on forums, I have 1280 long side pictures on my site and it does look better.

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
I've been to an alligator park before. Very nice though sorta creepy places. I was probably 12 though so I only got some 35mm pics of them and doubt I could find them now.

Nice pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana