Allow me to tell you about my in-laws rolling their Expedition pulling a 32-foot camper trailer:

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
I want to get better straps. Mainly ones that latch to the tie-down and can't fall off.

But it was late and the only other straps we had were shitty 300lb ones. I thought about using them but knew they would suck. Lol
I have nothing but good things to say about Mac's. They are pricy but worth it imho.

skeletor25rs

Yetis & Deer
Jan 26, 2001
NBTX
I want to get better straps. Mainly ones that latch to the tie-down and can't fall off.

But it was late and the only other straps we had were shitty 300lb ones. I thought about using them but knew they would suck. Lol
4 axle straps and 4 5k# straps with latching hooks pulling straight forward. Never have a loose/broken strap again.

cowboyrps13

couchlock loves to lick my booty hole
OT Supporter
Aug 4, 2002
NC
I have nothing but good things to say about Mac's. They are pricy but worth it imho.
:cool: i need some good straps anyways.

you would probably have a seizure if you saw how we "secure" most of the stuff we tow on our open car trailer. lol. one 3" strap around the rear. the winch holding the front. ebrake and in gear. slap it and say "shes not goin nowhere."

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
:cool: i need some good straps anyways.

you would probably have a seizure if you saw how we "secure" most of the stuff we tow on our open car trailer. lol. one 3" strap around the rear. the winch holding the front. ebrake and in gear. slap it and say "shes not goin nowhere."
I have been doing the wheel loops for a bit.
X the rear and straight front.

Miles of nasty dirt roads to where we ride. Never moves.

Similar to this: But my straps are much beefier
1663789471179.png

cowboyrps13

couchlock loves to lick my booty hole
OT Supporter
Aug 4, 2002
NC
I have been doing the wheel loops for a bit.
X the rear and straight front.

Miles of nasty dirt roads to where we ride. Never moves.

Similar to this: But my straps are much beefier
View attachment 261127
i dont think i can use those on the mini truck. i dont know if the wheels have big enough holes or clearance to get through.

ill just make the gf ride back there and hold on to it.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
In the spirit on this thread...this is parked across the street from work. Curious how far that GLE is over the payload capacity.

PXL_20220921_200410088.jpg

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
It's tiny. Mine has to be .375-.50" dia.
Last time I was rolling out of Moab I passed a dude driving an early 00s Chevy 1500 bumper towing a ~22' trailer towing a flat trailer with a Can AM 4 seater on it doin 80 or so. The straps on the Can Am were totally slack, it was moving 5+" back and forth. Tried to get his attention but he was too busy looking at his phone so I hammered it and got some distance between us :rofl:

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Last time I was rolling out of Moab I passed a dude driving an early 00s Chevy 1500 bumper towing a ~22' trailer towing a flat trailer with a Can AM 4 seater on it doin 80 or so. The straps on the Can Am were totally slack, it was moving 5+" back and forth. Tried to get his attention but he was too busy looking at his phone so I hammered it and got some distance between us :rofl:
I see so many $30k+ sxs's strapped down with the junk harbor freight orange straps. Maybe one in the front and one in the back.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I missed the double towing part the first time around. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026