Allow me to tell you about my in-laws rolling their Expedition pulling a 32-foot camper trailer:

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly:
- Your FIL was a truck driver and routinely carried heavy loads in a trailer
- Said expert MOVED WEIGHT TO THE BACK because too much weight on the tongue
- Said idiot then proceeds to blame everything/everyone but himself.

:rofl:

:bowrofl:

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
It should be illegal to let these blind old coots drive 100,000 death wagons down the road with no extra license or testing required

Personally I think Class A RV's should be illegal. You ever seen one of those things in a wreck?
At least a class C has a real truck or van frontend that could survive a front end collision.

And you should need extra licensure to tow ANYTHING. Even a fucking utility trailer. I'm so tired of seeing trailers with fucked up lighting because no one knows how to fix their trailer wiring harness.
And you absolutely need a fucking ground wire on your trailer lights, the fucking ball on your hitch isn't an electrical connection you dipshits.

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
Happened to my parents about 15 years ago as well. The truck and the trailer were both totaled. Both blacked out during the flip and have no recollection of the accident.

The only things that survived unbroken in the trailer were my mom's magnum of wine and my dad's bottle of southern comfort. She said Jesus was truly watching out for them because he saved their booze.

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
Happened to my parents about 15 years ago as well. The truck and the trailer were both totaled. Both blacked out during the flip and have no recollection of the accident.

The only things that survived unbroken in the trailer were my mom's magnum of wine and my dad's bottle of southern comfort. She said Jesus was truly watching out for them because he saved their booze.
Well praise the fucking lard

TS
TS
black jesus

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX

The Weller survived, miraculously.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway

Proof that god is real

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia
rv-license-funny.jpg

BrianCash

Jan 25, 2009
Chicago
I’m surprised they had an issue to be honest. I’ve seen some hillrod shit up in WI that makes that setup look like a semi

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly:
- Your FIL was a truck driver and routinely carried heavy loads in a trailer
- Said expert MOVED WEIGHT TO THE BACK because too much weight on the tongue
- Said idiot then proceeds to blame everything/everyone but himself.

:rofl:

I see this is your first outing with @black jesus family members.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Yeah, that always annoyed me. "What do you mean I can't put a 5th wheel hitch on my F150 and tow this? The unloaded gross vehicle weight...."

I live around a couple of long term campgrounds, and in the fall the local facebook groups are shitted up with people trying to lowball getting their 40' travel trailer towed back to their house because they don't have anything to tow it with and are too cheap to go rent a big truck from Hertz. "$200? To tow my trailer 10 miles? I'll just do it with my ford ranger"
My FIL runs a business doing this with his poorly maintained F250 :o

cowboyrps13

couchlock loves to lick my booty hole
OT Supporter
Aug 4, 2002
NC
Dont you need a CDL to drive an A class?
some states might. but the majority, nope.

technically you can drive a tractor trailer without a cdl if it is a personal vehicle. unless they have changed the laws in the last years. of course this can be state dependent too.

My girlfriend has an f350 dually with an anti sway hitch for her 34 ft toyhauler. the anti sway hitch isnt even setup properly because i dont care to. the truck handles it just fine. :rofl:

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
It's been really entertaining to hear a man and woman who can take no responsibility, ever, explain this to insurance.
Look, I get it - if your in-laws have been bastards to you for the majority of your relationship w/ your wife I'm sure it feels good to revel in their misfortune.

Alternatively, you could see it as an opportunity to improve your relationship / standing with them by helping them out in a time of need when they are obviously struggling and their egos are bruised :dunno:

TS
TS
black jesus

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Look, I get it - if your in-laws have been bastards to you for the majority of your relationship w/ your wife I'm sure it feels good to revel in their misfortune.

Alternatively, you could see it as an opportunity to improve your relationship / standing with them by helping them out in a time of need when they are obviously struggling and their egos are bruised :dunno:
They are unable to be helped. If you like, I can tell you about the time he pointed a gun at his daughters and then at his head because we allowed him to pass-out drunk, sleeping through fireworks.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
some states might. but the majority, nope.

technically you can drive a tractor trailer without a cdl if it is a personal vehicle. unless they have changed the laws in the last years. of course this can be state dependent too.

My girlfriend has an f350 dually with an anti sway hitch for her 34 ft toyhauler. the anti sway hitch isnt even setup properly because i dont care to. the truck handles it just fine. :rofl:
Pics of your girlfriend's hat w/ a fish hook on the brim? :x: 34ft! :rofl: What do you guys lug around?

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia

Horse to water yada yada

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022