Allow me to tell you about my in-laws rolling their Expedition pulling a 32-foot camper trailer:

TS
TS
black jesus

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
@93rx7 finally got his skiddy

306262331_2936595949983545_8053683971141833758_n.jpg
Cool to load that behind the axles on the trailer. Cool way to die.

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
Used to deal with this shit regularly when I was in college and installed trailer hitches for U-haul. Used to love watching trailers getting dropped back off at the centre on a tow truck because idiots wouldn't listen and would blow up their vehicle because they didn't listen regarding having a proper hitch/vehicle to tow. So many stories....

• Love
Reactions: jaunt and CPTMULLET

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Used to deal with this shit regularly when I was in college and installed trailer hitches for U-haul. Used to love watching trailers getting dropped back off at the centre on a tow truck because idiots wouldn't listen and would blow up their vehicle because they didn't listen regarding having a proper hitch/vehicle to tow. So many stories....
Go on.....

Reactions: jaunt and CPTMULLET

cowboyrps13

couchlock loves to lick my booty hole
OT Supporter
Aug 4, 2002
NC
Show me your tie down job on it since I am tie down police.
Strap wrapped around rear axle once hooked in to two different tie downs.

Same with front, except some support bar instead of axle.

.jpg

The front strap was loose after the ride home :run:

I may get actual pictures tomorrow since we're going out again.

cowboyrps13

couchlock loves to lick my booty hole
OT Supporter
Aug 4, 2002
NC
I use 10k rated straps for my RZR.

I want to get better straps. Mainly ones that latch to the tie-down and can't fall off.

But it was late and the only other straps we had were shitty 300lb ones. I thought about using them but knew they would suck. Lol

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
Go on.....

I don't want to hijack the thread but my favourite was the 2 Arab guys that wanted to tow a piece of shit Hyundai Stellar with their equally shitty Hyundai Stellar. There was no hitch available for that vehicle that was capable of towing that much weight so I advised them of that AND that the vehicle was not capable of towing that much weight and would likely blow up their transmission and/or motor. Dudes who up the next day with a class 3 hitch from some other vehicle modified and welded to the frame of their piece of shit car so my manager against my advice rented them a tow dolly to move the car. Tow dolly shows up later that day on a tow truck and the driver told us the guys were flipping out because the transmission blew up 15 minutes into towing the other car. Had another one where a guy didn't want to listen regarding cranking his hitch ball onto his receiver too tightly and took an impact gun to tighten the fuck out of it. Well he overtightened it and it sheared off on the northern TransCanada highway towing an auto transport with some vintage car on it and destroyed the trailer and the car. I have a million of these stories that place was like a fucking magnet for idiots and trashy people.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022