Alright boss, I re-paved the roads just like you asked

Uncle Phil

Nov 15, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I nailed the color match, the owner is going to be thrilled when he takes a look at his shiny new door.

VsnGVuF.jpg

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
I nailed the color match, the owner is going to be thrilled when he takes a look at his shiny new door.

VsnGVuF.jpg
:rofl:

Edit: how do you guys handle the liability on something like that? I know those contacts don't leave any leverage to the owner's about work quality.
I had this happen to me once (not as bad) but I didn't want to bother refusing the car. Does an insurance adjuster come and look in the event of a refusal?

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
:rofl:

Edit: how do you guys handle the liability on something like that? I know those contacts don't leave any leverage to the owner's about work quality.
I had this happen to me once (not as bad) but I didn't want to bother refusing the car. Does an insurance adjuster come and look in the event of a refusal?
Nope, the shop will eat it. Usually, tho, they will blend the door into the rear door and fender so it's less obvious. Lol.

That, though, looks like it's the wrong paint code all together.

Reactions: CitznFish

rockdog

(Banned or Deleted)
OT Supporter
Aug 2, 2002
Australia
Nope, the shop will eat it. Usually, tho, they will blend the door into the rear door and fender so it's less obvious. Lol.

That, though, looks like it's the wrong paint code all together.

Thats gotta be a case of someone getting another door and putting it on right... No way any shop would let a car go out with that noticeable a difference.

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club
Thats gotta be a case of someone getting another door and putting it on right... No way any shop would let a car go out with that noticeable a difference.

Lol.

I had to fight with a body shop because they kept trying to give me my car back with the rear bumper horrible misaligned. It was jammed into the rear quarter panel at the wheel well and had at least half inch gap near the tail light. 3 times they called me to tell me my car was ready and 3 times and I had refuse the car and to tell them to fucking fix it. The first time they called me and I saw it, I thought they were playing a prank on me it looked so bad and there was no way it could have been missed.

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ

Lol.

I had to fight with a body shop because they kept trying to give me my car back with the rear bumper horrible misaligned. It was jammed into the rear quarter panel at the wheel well and had at least half inch gap near the tail light. 3 times they called me to tell me my car was ready and 3 times and I had refuse the car and to tell them to fucking fix it. The first time they called me and I saw it, I thought they were playing a prank on me it looked so bad and there was no way it could have been missed.

Body men as a group are not the sharpest tools in the drawer. They routinely are incentivized to get the work out, and most normal people don't notice the details.

when my classic car got hit, this was why I insisted on fixing it myself with the body shop doing paint only on my parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazeleyes