Alright boss, I re-paved the roads just like you asked

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Thats gotta be a case of someone getting another door and putting it on right... No way any shop would let a car go out with that noticeable a difference.
Probably the wrong paint code tbh. I'm sure they wouldn't let it go out but I've seen stuff pretty bad try to make it's way out.

A couple of years ago my MILs explorer was in the shop, it was that pearl white color. They replaced the door and painted it. The color was way off and they tried to pass it off as ok. I had to literally put the dude/his manager/ and the shop manager on blast to get them to fix it. I'm color blind af and even I could tell they hadn't blended it.

Convo when something like this.

Guy: here you go Mrs, came out looking brand new.
My wife and her mom: oh great, thank you so much
Me: you didn't blend the door
Guy: what do you mean? It looks good to us
My wife and her mom: yeah I think it looks great
Me: look again. Once you see it you'll never be able to unsee it. You can literally see how hard the cut off is between the fender and the door. Look at the back door, it's way off too.
My wife and her mom: oh wow I can see it. Ok yeah. It is off
Guy: I don't see what you're talking about.
Me: you need to get your eyes checked
Guy: it's just the sunlight
Me: sunlight doesn't make two side by side panels at the same angle and same paint color look different.
Guy gets manager and shop manager and they try to tell me if looks good then I basically say the same thing and then they see it. "yeah, we're sorry about that, I can see it now, we'll fix it for ya."

They'll never get an "exact" match but blending helps tremendously in these situations.

daze

Supreme Member
OT Supporter
Dec 19, 2003
Alief, Texas
Probably the wrong paint code tbh. I'm sure they wouldn't let it go out but I've seen stuff pretty bad try to make it's way out.

A couple of years ago my MILs explorer was in the shop, it was that pearl white color. They replaced the door and painted it. The color was way off and they tried to pass it off as ok. I had to literally put the dude/his manager/ and the shop manager on blast to get them to fix it. I'm color blind af and even I could tell they hadn't blended it.

Convo when something like this.

Guy: here you go Mrs, came out looking brand new.
My wife and her mom: oh great, thank you so much
Me: you didn't blend the door
Guy: what do you mean? It looks good to us
My wife and her mom: yeah I think it looks great
Me: look again. Once you see it you'll never be able to unsee it. You can literally see how hard the cut off is between the fender and the door. Look at the back door, it's way off too.
My wife and her mom: oh wow I can see it. Ok yeah. It is off
Guy: I don't see what you're talking about.
Me: you need to get your eyes checked
Guy: it's just the sunlight
Me: sunlight doesn't make two side by side panels at the same angle and same paint color look different.
Guy gets manager and shop manager and they try to tell me if looks good then I basically say the same thing and then they see it. "yeah, we're sorry about that, I can see it now, we'll fix it for ya."

They'll never get an "exact" match but blending helps tremendously in these situations.
How do you blend a panel?

$lacker

FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews
OT Supporter
Jun 27, 2003
Canada
Nope, the shop will eat it. Usually, tho, they will blend the door into the rear door and fender so it's less obvious. Lol.

That, though, looks like it's the wrong paint code all together.

I'd guess same paint code, but the replacement was left in the junkyard sun while the car has been garaged

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
v8j4eafa32v81.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burner371