Alright boss, I re-paved the roads just like you asked

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
how much of a pain is it to excavate around all those live utilities? how often do your guys fuck it up and crack something?
its surgery digging around the water/conduit with a backhoe, little less crazy for the bigger lines.
we actually havent broken any of them, but the other contractors have fucking tattered a bunch of them and we've had to go out and repair shit multiple times on change order.

• Cool
Reactions: 01ACRViper

Chazzworth

Current title:
May 25, 2001
CA
its surgery digging around the water/conduit with a backhoe, little less crazy for the bigger lines.
we actually havent broken any of them, but the other contractors have fucking tattered a bunch of them and we've had to go out and repair shit multiple times on change order.
The most effciant contracters I see today use a pressure washer and a vacuum truck to “dig”. Super safe and smart to not find the rainbow roots of a “tree” that was never there and not on the site plan...

Remy Bressant

OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
The most effciant contracters I see today use a pressure washer and a vacuum truck to “dig”. Super safe and smart to not find the rainbow roots of a “tree” that was never there and not on the site plan...
We own several and use them constantly, but they have a time and place. They are great for pot holing or small excavations, but a job like this requires moving millions s of yards of material and you cant do that with a vac truck.
Plus this is a multi billion dollar project where delay costs to everyone involved is measured in millions each day. It would actually be cheaper to accidentally break a line and repair it than to slow the progress by even one day.

Last edited:

Remy Bressant

OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Also technically it’s a “water Lance” and they can crank that bitch up to like 15,000 PSI :rofl:

• Wow
Reactions: Chazzworth

Remy Bressant

OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
its not like theyre mining virgin ground, theyre working around buried facilities so ground is soft as your hands
most of the utilities around here are encased in concrete or slurry and buried beneath several feet of Base and/or case 5 bedding.
and i type this from my air conditioned office with buttery soft fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman