Am I wrong? [car dealership]

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I dropped off my car on November 25th to be repaired. It has some sort of suspension issue.
The car is on an aftermarket warranty I purchased from this dealership.

Two weeks ago, I finally asked them for a loaner as I was going up to the mountains. They provided me one that I still have.
Yesterday, December 22nd, I stopped in to tell them I needed my car back on or before December 24th because I was going back up to the mountains. They could not confirm the car would be ready on time. I told them I will then need to keep the rental until I return on Jan 4th. The service rep explains to me that they will have to charge me for the rental once my car is complete even if I'm out of town.

Normally I would understand this BUT:
- They have had my car for a month
- This is the third year in a row they took my car in during Nov/Dec and they had it for over a month

The conversation got very contentious with my service rep when he told me he was going to charge me for the rental. I said, you have 16 working hours to finish my car before Christmas Eve shut down. You have the parts. Get it done.

We ended the conversation in a fight, I emailed his boss. His boss apologized to me and said he's aware of the ongoing problems with my vehicle. If it's not done on time, I won't be charged for the rental.

I hate being "that guy." I own a service business and know how much it can suck to have irate customers.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
I dropped off my car on November 25th to be repaired. It has some sort of suspension issue.

Two weeks ago, I finally asked them for a loaner as I was going up to the mountains. They provided me one that I still have.
Yesterday, December 22nd, I stopped in to tell them I needed my car back on or before December 24th because I was going back up to the mountains. They could not confirm the car would be ready on time. I told them I will then need to keep the rental until I return on Jan 4th. The service rep explains to me that they will have to charge me for the rental once my car is complete even if I'm out of town.

- This is the third year in a row they took my car in during Nov/Dec and they had it for over a month

The conversation got very contentious with my service rep when he told me he was going to charge me for the rental. I said, you have 16 working hours to finish my car before Christmas Eve shut down. You have the parts. Get it done.

We ended the conversation in a fight, I emailed his boss. His boss apologized to me and said he's aware of the ongoing problems with my vehicle. If it's not done on time, I won't be charged for the rental.

I hate being "that guy." I own a service business and know how much it can suck to have irate customers.
You are not the asshole in this situation.

TS
TS
B-Line

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
sounds like a lemon
Nah. 65k miles. It's had problems but they get sorted. One of the problems is the warranty company. They have to send an adjuster then the dealership has to argue with them about parts.
The insurance company says they will only pay for used parts. The dealership only sells new parts.
But again, I bought the warranty from this dealership so it gets awkward.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
What car dealership? Never happened to me before with Mercedes or Porsche.

service advisors are idiots...have some patience to work with them initially, but escalate thst shit before getting heated and berating the dude.

TS
TS
B-Line

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Wtf is the problem that would require a car be in the shop for a solid month?
First year it was an air condenser/air conditioning problem. It was an expensive repair and happened a week or two after I bought the warranty. So there was a fight about existing conditions. The condition didn't exist before though. it was a fluke. Matter of fact, because it had just come off warranty, Land Rover just paid for the repair.
Second year, it was a suspension issue. I don't get into the details. I get a warning, I take it in, I say fix it and get it back to me.
Third year, suspension issue on the other side.

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
Other than a couple of service issues which is expected of any 5 year old car with 65,000 miles, it's the best daily driver I've ever owned.
I'm a winter storm chaser and that vehicle has gotten me through everything with zero problems.
A 5 year old car with only 65k miles shouldn’t need to be in the shop three years in a row like clock work...but it’s a supercharged Range Rover. Acting like 65k miles is some big milestone.

Deleted member 84456

It shouldn't take a fucking month to fix a suspension issue. That's just fucking crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman