LOVE Am I wrong to be angry? v. april fools joke

an0nymous

Anon E. Mouse
Jan 7, 2005
I got a text message today from my girlfriend saying "we need to talk about something." I asked her what and she replied that her period "wasn't normal this month so i got worried... i took a test just now..."

It took me a couple minutes to realize it was a joke, but I started to get really worried and upset in that time. I didn't find it very funny. I didn't expect it to be a joke because I didn't think she would joke about something so serious.

Is it wrong for me to be mad? How would other people feel in this situation?

Thanks

iwishyouwerebeer

you shut your cunt
Sep 1, 2006
:rofl: last year I told all my friends I was pregnant (on a message board we all frequent for our school), but later told everyone it was a joke. I'm sure my bf at that time wasn't too thrilled. But it was a joke, not a very nice one for you...but a joke, so just relax.

This year my bf and I put that we are engaged on our facebook and people are flipping shit!

TS
TS
an0nymous

an0nymous

Anon E. Mouse
Jan 7, 2005
it's just that neither of us is ready for (nor do we want) kids. It kind of bothered me that she'd joke about that. :(

iwishyouwerebeer

you shut your cunt
Sep 1, 2006
an0nymous said:
it's just that neither of us is ready for (nor do we want) kids. It kind of bothered me that she'd joke about that. :(
Understandable....but it's over, so get over it. Tell her it upset you. She'll never pull the joke again.

ahtnamas

OT Supporter
Nov 19, 2004
Paris, FR
Correct reply here is "it's a joke, relax" but you know if you did something like that to her she'd be pissed at you whether it was true or not.

Women ^_^

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
If your gf tells you she's pregnant, reply by saying "we have to talk... I just found out my other gf is pregnant, too."

When she gets pissed and says "wtf? It was just an April Fool's joke!" be like "yeah, mine too. My other gf isn't really pregnant."

Or, if you want to be nice, say "mine too. I don't even really have an other gf."

Lucky Penny

Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,
Falconer said:
If your gf tells you she's pregnant, reply by saying "we have to talk... I just found out my other gf is pregnant, too."

When she gets pissed and says "wtf? It was just an April Fool's joke!" be like "yeah, mine too. My other gf isn't really pregnant."

Or, if you want to be nice, say "mine too. I don't even really have an other gf."

:rofl: I really did laugh out loud just then

MissKitty

If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum'
OT Supporter
Jun 21, 2004
Dingoland
I don't find it approriate to make jokes about being pregnant or breaking up.

To do so, to me, shows very little maturity and respect for your partner

Thurman Merman

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
Colorado
an0nymous said:
I got a text message today from my girlfriend saying "we need to talk about something." I asked her what and she replied that her period "wasn't normal this month so i got worried... i took a test just now..."

It took me a couple minutes to realize it was a joke, but I started to get really worried and upset in that time. I didn't find it very funny. I didn't expect it to be a joke because I didn't think she would joke about something so serious.

Is it wrong for me to be mad? How would other people feel in this situation?

Thanks

I'd be pissed. I'd make it very clear that you did not find it funny at all. You forgive her and you're over it, but ask her to never do that shit again. If she does anyway, dump her. :)

g230sport

Jan 6, 2007
Stafford, Va
my gf got me today by saying shes met a new guy, and shes been seeing him for about a week, and shit, i cussed her out, got reallllllllllly mad, and then she said "april fools" i was ready to kill this other guy.

if i had joked like that, she would of slapped me or something. oh well.

quadracer420

Nov 28, 2006
g230sport said:
my gf got me today by saying shes met a new guy, and shes been seeing him for about a week, and shit, i cussed her out, got reallllllllllly mad, and then she said "april fools" i was ready to kill this other guy.

if i had joked like that, she would of slapped me or something. oh well.

Thats not funny, not at all. thats about as funny as banging her with no rubber and being like "oh honey i forgot to mention i have aids"

SpectraRedZ

Jan 3, 2006
Charleston, SC
The thought crossed my mind, but I would never ACTUALLY say something like as a joke to the fiance. Plus, then he'd be pissed that we spend $45/month on BC pills and he thought they didn't work or something :rofl:

jonno

Jun 3, 2003
Boston
that's when you come back with..

lol, i'm HIV positive, lol sry

seriously though.. i'd be pissed.

Lucky Penny

Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,
seachicken said:
I think a girl with a sense of humor like that is worth hanging on to.

I agree with you! Maybe its because my SO and I pull pranks on each other all the time, and some get pretty complex. I dunno :dunno: There's nothing we don't joke around about- and having one of those 'Shit! I can't believe I fell for that!' moments is completely hilarious to me. Though, obviously, that's not for everyone.

Don't get too mad- and if you're really worked up over it, pull a prank on her. If she's gonna get you with something like that she should at least be able to take it when you hand her something equally as stomach flipping. :mamoru: Otherwise, she shouldn't play.

BlazinBlazer Guy

Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.
Jul 24, 2002
Lansing, MI USA
MissKitty said:

:werd: I like Falconer's idea the best.... that's pure gold! :rofl:

Guz200sx

The man who does more than he is paid for will soo
Sep 1, 2002
Wellington, Florida Bitches!
Falconer said:

:rofl: Thats golden!

What would be even better is if she's not joking!
Then you're S.O.L hahaha

Coottie

BOOMER......SOONER
OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2006
OKC
MissKitty said:

:werd:

Coottie

BOOMER......SOONER
OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2006
OKC
sportsjunkie said:
it's just a joke

people get over it
Everyone has a different sense of humor and finds jokes in different things. However there are some things that one shouldn't joke about becasue the target of the joke is likely to have an emotional reaction. What's funny about that??

Personally, this is not a funny joke at all and is more cruel than anything else. I mean it's similar to handing your parent a note saying that one of your siblings has been killed....then saying oh HAHA j/k.

Having said all that....Falconer's suggestion was the best. Unfortunatly it requires one to believe it is a joke from the start....something many men are slow to pick up in regards to prego.

sportsjunkie

OT Supporter
Aug 3, 2005
eh, I hear where you and everyone are coming from...but it seems like a lot of people are like "oh no! not pregnant! my life is over :noes: "

now joking about someone dying is entirely different, life has ended. but that's just how I see it.

but like you said, everyone's sense of humor is different, and I know mine is way off :mamoru:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor