TECH Amazon Associates

RetardedMonkey

is a retarded monkey.
Oct 21, 2006
Gold Coast, Australia
Was looking at the Amazon Associates website earlier today.
Does anyone use their aStores or other linking techniques on their websites?

Was going to build a small movie/dvd review site and have their links/store linking from it.

I assume dealings with a big company like this have been quite well for most?
Also, if anyone uses their aStores, whats the CTR like?

:x:

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
Was looking at the Amazon Associates website earlier today.
Does anyone use their aStores or other linking techniques on their websites?

Was going to build a small movie/dvd review site and have their links/store linking from it.

I assume dealings with a big company like this have been quite well for most?
Also, if anyone uses their aStores, whats the CTR like?

:x:
just started using them

JesterFX

Oct 10, 2004
I've used them in the past (not the astore thing though) and they are ok. Great during the holidays. Made a bunch last year pushing wii sales through them. But they don't pay all that great in the end and if you have other options to make more off the sales/commissions then it's better to do it other ways. But great easy way to get tons of products to promote if you can deal with the small payouts.

MaK10

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2004
Chicago Suburbs
Good luck with a DVD review site, i tried and failed.... it was too hard to compete with the bigger sites out there that get pre-release dvd's for review (for free) and already have a huge reader base from when DVD's first came out.

TS
TS
RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey

is a retarded monkey.
Oct 21, 2006
Gold Coast, Australia
Good luck with a DVD review site, i tried and failed.... it was too hard to compete with the bigger sites out there that get pre-release dvd's for review (for free) and already have a huge reader base from when DVD's first came out.
It was the first idea that sprung to mind.

When you put it like that, I see the problems immediately with doing something similar.

Just got a bit of spare time on my hands, trying to get something going that could make me a few bucks! :x:

Phasm

OT Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Michigan
That's the hard part...thinking of something nobody else has or making it unique enough for long-term visitors of other sites to flock to yours

JesterFX

Oct 10, 2004
It was the first idea that sprung to mind.

When you put it like that, I see the problems immediately with doing something similar.

Just got a bit of spare time on my hands, trying to get something going that could make me a few bucks! :x:
Can you write funny sarcastic reviews? I've been wanting to do a movie "review" site with silly sarcastic and funny "reviews" for a while now but just haven't had the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan